The General Ross County Chat Thread

Again, I think the club are completely in the right here. Cashing in on a 32 year old striker, with one year left on his deal. It would be asking a lot for him to reproduce his form of the last 18 months, too.

I’m excited by the Hale rumour, which seems to be close to over the line. A very similar style to Murray and at a prime age. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Again, I think the club are completely in the right here. Cashing in on a 32 year old striker, with one year left on his deal. It would be asking a lot for him to reproduce his form of the last 18 months, too.

I’m excited by the Hale rumour, which seems to be close to over the line. A very similar style to Murray and at a prime age. 

Looks a lot more like Brophy to me.

Either way, I hope the fee they’ve got for Murray covers all or most of whatever we have paid for Hale.   

Edit: still short of a 10, another central midfielder and at least one wide player.

Edited by Savage Henry

Posted (edited)

Not going to lie, will be pretty gutted to lose Murray. Probably one of/if not my favourite County player of the “modern” era…

On the other hand, getting £££ for a 32 year old going in to his last 12 months is brilliant. Needless to say if he does leave I hope he flops. 

Edited by StoneThrowAway

2 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Not going to lie, will be pretty gutted to lose Murray. Probably one of/if not my favourite County player of the “modern” era…

On the other hand, getting £££ for a 32 year old going in to his last 12 months is brilliant. Needless to say if he does leave I hope he flops. 

He completely changed my mind last season.  Didn’t see him scoring that many after not really making much of an impact last season.  Wish him well, and we all know why he left.  

Posted (edited)

Is it Hibs or Dundee Murray is signing for? Gutted to see him go, and it’ll be interesting to see how much we got for him. We would be fucked if it wasn’t for him last season, so I can only wish him well. Hopefully Hale turns out to be a suitable replacement.

Edited by Staggie_93

19 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I haven't noticed it mentioned but we're playing Brora Rangers away tomorrow, £10 entry for adults.

Glad to get back to club football 🤩

My daughter's up north so she's heading along with her Papa. I'll get a match report later 

Jordan Garrick apparently the trialist today. Looks like he can play as a winger or upfront. Previously at Forest Green but played at Swansea with Dhanda.

21 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Jordan Garrick apparently the trialist today. Looks like he can play as a winger or upfront. Previously at Forest Green but played at Swansea with Dhanda.

quite a tall lad for a winger as well

3 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Is it Hibs or Dundee Murray is signing for? Gutted to see him go, and it’ll be interesting to see how much we got for him. We would be fucked if it wasn’t for him last season, so I can only wish him well. Hopefully Hale turns out to be a suitable replacement.

Supposedly Hibs, offered money that we couldn't.

Was there today, nothing exciting, trialist looked ok for first half hour then went off with what looked like a muscle sprain. Brophy and Allardyce looked up for it and fit. For the young ones Robeson is raw but fast and Murryesque in his approach to the game. Nothing that suggests anything more than we did last season.

4 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Anyone at the game able to give us something of a run down?

From my source

,"was bit boring, hardly anyone there, played on my phone. County won two."

11 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Anyone know the deal for Tuesday vs Clach? Is it 1st team? County haven’t mentioned anywhere, but Clach have it on their fixture list…

1st I've heard of it tbh, might pop along.

We were up in Brora yesterday, it was so good to be back at a live game. It's just so much better than watching a match on TV.

With regards to the Brora Rangers match, there were quite a few youngsters involved. There were about 8 changes after an hours play, a good mix of youngsters in both groups. They looked good, hopefully they'll play an active part of the 1st team squad this season.