The General Ross County Chat Thread

14 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Unless he had a holiday home up this way or some other tie to the area, whatever we could offer him, would be better spend elsewhere imo.

I have heard through the grapevine that some footballers join clubs without having a house or even relations in their new location.  I've even heard that some go and play abroad but that's probably nonsense. 

15 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

I have heard through the grapevine that some footballers join clubs without having a house or even relations in their new location.  I've even heard that some go and play abroad but that's probably nonsense. 

Aye, the usual motivation for a player to join a club he has no prior tie to is money, plus length of contract.

As I said, anything we could afford to offer John Fleck, would be better spent elsewhere, imho.

What nationality do you think John Fleck is, if you believe that by coming to County, he'd be playing abroad?

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

7 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

We will play The Spartans in the next round of the League Cup. A tie which we should get through from, coupled with a day out in the capital at a new ground. That’ll do for me!

Well if we're not going to get a home draw, that's probably as good as we could get. I'd love to go but will be working that weekend.

Hopefully a decent chance of a wee cup run this season 🤞🥳

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Aye, the usual motivation for a player to join a club he has no prior tie to is money, plus length of contract.

As I said, anything we could afford to offer John Fleck, would be better spent elsewhere, imho.

What nationality do you think John Fleck is, if you believe that by coming to County, he'd be playing abroad?

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Confused The Point GIF by Travis

5 hours ago, central staggie said:

Pretty sure he's training with the rangers.

In other news, away to The Spartans in the next round of the League Cup. Don't think we've ever played them?

I'd heard he was training with rangers too. Don't think Don would be going for someone so staunch, maybe more of a Gardner signing?

The Spartans is a great draw for the next round, I think this'll be our 1st ever match against them!

On 26/07/2024 at 16:18, Lanky Highlander said:

I grew up in Ayr, and followed Ayr Utd home + away when I was a young ‘un so they’re still my ‘wee team’. 

For some reason I like Ayr a lot.

Looks like we are trying to hook Josh Nisbet. On the face of it he appears to be a very interesting prospect. 

He's Australian, so lets hope he doesnt fall foul of not having a house in Bayne Drive and relations in the Strath.😀

34 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

Looks like we are trying to hook Josh Nisbet. On the face of it he appears to be a very interesting prospect. 

He's Australian, so lets hope he doesnt fall foul of not having a house in Bayne Drive and relations in the Strath.😀

I was just reading about him, sounds like he could be a good addition to our midfield.

https://x.com/aleagueshub/status/1817920467581501780?t=wyxUG9gw4E8A9yttsJoaWA&s=19

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’ve never seen him play but I’m all in. 

FWIW

nisbet.thumb.png.f0f5df2f9d81464a216021d07700af84.png

Seems more of an attacking CM so maybe your Dhanda replacement of sorts?

This Josh Nisbet all seems a bit too good to be true. Like when you're told that the girl way out of your league is interested. 

You want to believe it's true, but you know she has many better options, so there must be a catch.

Would appear on Twitter/X/whatever it's called now that the Hibs fans are either raging that they're not going for him, or raging that they would be going for the same player as a club like Ross County.

What a time to be alive. 

6 hours ago, central staggie said:

Would appear on Twitter/X/whatever it's called now that the Hibs fans are either raging that they're not going for him, or raging that they would be going for the same player as a club like Ross County.

What a time to be alive. 

My experience is that lots of what these attention seekers post is crap, and an even larger %age of those people are arseholes.

Nick Montgomery knew Nisbet well from his time there, and apparently talks had been at an advanced stage to bring him over at the end of the season.

Montgomery was sacked and that was that.

I believe hes a decent player, but - being honest - I had never heard of the guy before April this year !

45 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s nonsense according to Cowie.  Seemed unrealistic anyway.  

In fairness, I’ve just read the article there and Cowie doesn’t specifically say that we’re not interested in him. 

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

My experience is that lots of what these attention seekers post is crap, and an even larger %age of those people are arseholes.

Nick Montgomery knew Nisbet well from his time there, and apparently talks had been at an advanced stage to bring him over at the end of the season.

Montgomery was sacked and that was that.

I believe hes a decent player, but - being honest - I had never heard of the guy before April this year !

Tends to be the way of it on that platform.