The General Ross County Chat Thread

4 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Think he most certainly did fancy it but Brophy pulled rank

Aye, having seen the highlights just now you can see Hale wanted it and he was overruled.

You don't want to get carried away but he really does just get into good positions to be a nuisance for opposing defenders. And he was so hungry for that first league goal, it's just exciting. Especially if they figure out how to provide service to him

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Folk on the Aberdeen thread saying that County have reduced the allocation for away fans this season. Any truth in that?

If that's off the back of the DUFC fans complaining that the stand behind the goals wasn't opened initially on Saturday, the 'North East' section was opened first and when that was full the stand behind the goals was opened section by section.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Folk on the Aberdeen thread saying that County have reduced the allocation for away fans this season. Any truth in that?

I very much doubt we'd turn down the chance of Aberdeen filling their away ticket allocation.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I very much doubt we'd turn down the chance of Aberdeen filling their away ticket allocation.

That's what I thought as well. I think it's United supporters pissed off that they can't sell out their potential allocation. 

On 10/08/2024 at 21:02, Ludo*1 said:

Does Ronan Hale have any family in Dundee? Asking for next season.

You guys got a spare £10m (based on Miovski being worth £8m, Idah £9m, and Shankland something comparable) cos that would be what he'd cost ya if he has a decent season. 

Plus you already paid us a huge wedge for 1 of our strikers (hence why you gave him a 3yr deal).

Really pleasing. Feels weird that after we've complained about obvious issues with a lack of attacking creativity the club have actually done something about it and not signed another central midfield clogger.

I'd have rather heard about this as a confirmed signing BUT if we can get this done & over the line (which will be next week, by the sounds of it) then this is a pretty big deal & statement of intent from the club.

If you can pardon the pun, Nisbet was a huge player in Oz, for him to bat away offers to come to Europe, & land in the Highlands is huge imo.

And so, after another summer rammed full of the traditional "We are doomed. We look awful. There's no way we can replace insert out-going player name or insert other out-going player name. We're all going to die." etc., etc... it's almost starting to feel like there's a chance we could end up being alright.

Edited by The Great Stagsby

From the highlights I’ve seen, he looks like a good pickup, someone to really fill the creative gap left by Dhanda. Really good vision and a gorgeous touch, doesn’t seem afraid of the more physical stuff either, for a short dude (I say this as a short dude myself). Obviously isn’t confirmed yet, but I think this could be up there with Hale (if he continues to pan out) as Cowie’s best bits of business.