The General Ross County Chat Thread

Looks to be him as he has the exact same haircut in his Facebook photos. Good hustle team!

Wee snippet from a French article from September 2013 that I found:

Born and trained in Sarcelles, Latouchent Rosario is one of the great hopes of French football. French U16 international, he came to Stade Malherbe Caen at the age of 13 years. Supervised by Chelsea several times, he finally made ​​the choice to remain in Normandy where he now operates with the reserve CFA

Frempah looked decent and klok had a good game, both of which I found hugely encouraging. MDL and Brittain both looked really sharp when they came on. Hard to read too much into it though as Rothes were rank rotten.

Born 1996. Cripes.

Nothing to make you feel old like knowing a Ross County player was born in the year that Scotland last made the Euro championships.

He was probably too young to play this, too, which I had hitherto assumed was where his style influence came from:

McDonald-Land2.jpg

Great to start getting a feel for who these guys are, but would be better if we actually had someone signed.

Not panicking yet, but I'd certainly feel more comfortable if we signed a few before the weekend.

Judging from StuartTaylor's tweets, the starting XI against Rothes is:

GK Brown

RB Saunders

CB Boyd

CB Frempah

LB The #22 with the big hair (who is being referred to as Rosario... I can't find anything on Google so far)

RW Maatsen

CM Balk (who played against Wick as a CB)

CM Jimmy Fenlon (who played against Wick as a RB)

CM Klok

LW Cardle

CF Ross

Yep.

At times like a 4-3-3 with Maatsen and Cardle up with Ross.

Balk and Fenlon in midfield, not sure if this was just to see how they coped, or if they have played there before. Both did ok, Fenlon had chances to have 3 goals, Balk showed good range of passing, but at times looked like a CB playing in midfield..

Rosario did well, at times he is more like a tricky little winger than a LB, can beat a man, but I am not sure he would cope in the Premiership defensively.

Frempah strolled it. Saunders, I dunno there is something that makes me nervous about him, certainly a downgrade on the likes of Cikos and Gary Miller, but he has hardly played so maybe I'm being harsh. On what I've seen in these 2 games I would prefer Fenlon at RB.

Klok did ok, could have had 2 or 3 goals, Maatsen was Maatsen, good pace but loses possession/gets tackled before getting final cross in. His head goes down too easily.

Steven Ross should have had 3 or 4 goals, poor finishing. Did well in open play though.

Brittain came on and replaced Balk in the centre and took control of the game, scoring 2. Until then it was only 0-1 despite all the chances we had. Brittain is looking lean, mean and sharp.

Cardle again played well and came close to scoring a few times before going off at HT. Took a heavy challenge so maybe just a precaution.

Still no sign of Boyce.

Elgin will be a good test.

ETA

Balk http://postimg.org/image/cri3f9bvf/

Fenlon http://postimg.org/image/3xr6y5owr/

Edited by StuartTaylor

So what are county fans hoping for this year after finishing best of the rest last time? Looking to push on or like the us as long as its 10th or above?

10th is fine by me, so long as there looks like there is some kind of plan and progress. I said that last season but this time last year expected 7th.

I'm expecting 11th, to be honest, but if that looked likely then it would depend on what happened in the January window.

Edited by bunglebonce

10th is fine by me, so long as there looks like there is some kind of plan and progress. I said that last season but this time last year expected 7th.

I'm expecting 11th, to be honest, but if that looked likely then it would depend on what happened in the January window.

Should be the plan for all bottom 6 teams, But for us there never seems to be a plan lol

I'd like to see us finish 7th again, or better, but it's hard to say now. I've still no idea about our team, whether or not we'll sign any of this lot of trialists, if there'll be a whole new batch, if we end up signing Oikonomou in January again, all these sorts of things.

I'd be happy with another season of "consolidation". 10th would do me just fine, but next season (survival permitting) has to be the one where County make a concentrated effort to push on and become a team that challenges for the top six. St. Johnstone and ICT have shown it can be done. That said, I expect the worst. We've less than a month until the season starts and there's not even defence or midfield in place.

On a "speculation" note now. I see Filip Kiss has been doing pre-season for Cardiff but has only played 45 mins. I expect him to go on their pre-season tour of Austria but what are the chances of him returning on-loan? Cardiff do have an abundance of midfielders but there's been no extensive transfer activity for them yet, and I assume someone like Medel would be looking to leave.

Similar. I'm expecting 9th, with Hamilton and Partick fighting it out for the bottom two places. Dundee could finish anywhere from 12th to seventh, as could St Mirren. Same as last year, pretty much.

I don't think there can ever really be any progress with the way the club signs players. One year contracts are the way of the future - unless you are Dundee or Kilmarnock, but it doesn't really allow for any long term planning.