The General Ross County Chat Thread

In today's P&J Jim talks of Gardyne and Dingwall being available again by March. With Gardyne's loan officially expiring on Monday, I take it Jim's pretty sure he's going to keep him one way or another.

In today's P&J Jim talks of Gardyne and Dingwall being available again by March. With Gardyne's loan officially expiring on Monday, I take it Jim's pretty sure he's going to keep him one way or another.

The text is ambiguous, but I think that McIntyre meant Quinn and Frempah would be back in March and if the Thistle replay is put back to then, he would have those as well as Dingwall and Gardyne back. Which I read between the lines as Dingwall and Gardyne being back sooner - I'd expect both back at the end of January.

The text is ambiguous, but I think that McIntyre meant Quinn and Frempah would be back in March and if the Thistle replay is put back to then, he would have those as well as Dingwall and Gardyne back. Which I read between the lines as Dingwall and Gardyne being back sooner - I'd expect both back at the end of January.

Aye, I was commenting from memory. The point was that he makes it sound like Gardyne will definitely still be here though.

Gardyne is out of contract end of season you should offer him a deal and get him signed up as hes unlikely to be wanted back by us anyways unless he goes on an incredible scoring feat or something :D

Gardyne is out of contract end of season you should offer him a deal and get him signed up as hes unlikely to be wanted back by us anyways unless he goes on an incredible scoring feat or something :D

i think we're hoping you'll free him during this window, like Mark Wilson.

Failing that, I imagine we'll try to get him on a Bosman.

Even if he does go an incredible run, he'll likely stay with us anyway. Having left us twice before for a shot with a bigger team there's no way he'd do it again, no way!

Edited by dingdong1929

Getting a player from Fulham would have been a bit of a coup for us in the not too distant past. Then I remembered that Mark Fotheringham now plays for them.

Our previous loan signings from the English Championship have all done pretty well for us, so hopefully Burgess is a good addition.

Burgess played all 90 mins of the first 4 games in the Championship this season. Then Magath got punted and he fell out of favour under Symons.

Fulham fans were on the whole praising him, and have said he's one of their best youth prospects, certainly of those that Magath was playing. All based on what I've read on their forums...

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=40689.0

Edited by dingdong1929

Still don't think Saunders is the answer for right back. He's ok defensively but provides nothing going forward. His composure on the ball is terrible and tends to punt it more often than not. How I wish we could could get a right back in the ilk of Cikos or Kovacevic again..

I do agree with that, but I still prefer him at RB than Fenlon or Brittain, with Barr out for the season.

If we can get a good RB in I reckon we're pretty sorted. Just need to tinker with the midfield to get the best out of what we've got (between Brittain, Woods, Carey, Kiss and Irvine their must be a decent midfield 2 or 3).

Still rumours of yet more strikers, when we already have Boyce, Jervis, Curran and MacLeod. Wouldn't be surprised to see one of them go out on loan, or leave, if we bring someone in. Would like to see Boyce given a run of games, so don't want him to leave.

But if someone is brought in who improves the team, cant complain really (though I probably will if he does go).

Edited by dingdong1929

Reguerro

(or Brown)

Quinn Boyd Burgess Reckord

Lawson

Brittain Irvine Vigurs Carey

Boyce

(or Curran)

:wub: A man can dream

(Still need a RB IMO though)

Edited by Spain

Paul Quinn hasn't played a single minute at right-back for Ross County to my knowledge. He has played the majority of his career there, but I doubt Jimbo has any intention of playing him as a full-back.

I think you can get away with Saunders at right-back with an attacker ahead of him like Darren Maatsen. Maatsen will probably never get another start because he's an anarchist on the pitch, but with Gardyne and Dingwall out, and Carey and Cardle potentially vying for the spot on the left, I think Jimbo could do a lot worse than Saunders and Maatsen on the right.

Lawson and/or Vigurs would massively improve the team, on 2013's form. County badly need a central midfielder who can either make the big switch in play or thread a pass behind a full-back. Vigurs is at his best on the left though, drifting in unannounced.

Edited by bunglebonce

Paul Quinn hasn't played a single minute at right-back for Ross County to my knowledge. He has played the majority of his career there, but I doubt Jimbo has any intention of playing him as a full-back.

Reguerro

(or Brown)

Quinn Boyd Burgess Reckord

Lawson

Brittain Irvine Vigurs Carey

Boyce

(or Curran)

Manager: Bunglebonce

:wub: A man can dream

(Still need a RB IMO though)

Fixed.