The General Ross County Chat Thread

If he's tall and he can shout he fulfils all of my requirements.

He's about 5'11 and has not control over the box. Also not very good at 1-on-1s. Or crosses. Or dealing with long shots.

Good distribution though.

I didn't want him being our number 1 next season so I'm not fussed about him leaving unless we sigh shite like Samson or Letheren,

If he's tall and he can shout he fulfils all of my requirements.

He is the quietest keeper that you'll have ever seen. One of my main gripes about Fox was his inability to communicate with his defence at times.

McIntyre describes him quite well as "a modern day keeper" - good with the ball at his feet and will usually always play it out rather than punt it. He went through a spell when he first signed where he claimed every single cross but I wouldn't say that's the strongest part of his game; in fact, if the opposition put a man on him at corners (like Morton did to good effect), he'll struggle.

Decent enough keeper at this level but a bit of a bizarre move; not sure how turning out for County is going to give him any more exposure than Thistle but there we are.

Perhaps Jim has confidence that he and his backroom staff will get more out of him?

The bigger news is why didn't I know this was Tich McCooey's last day? My head is spinning.

Definitely an improvement on Reguero, although that's hardly the biggest compliment. I think he's a reliable keeper at this end of the league and a bit younger than Brown. If you're looking for tall and commanding though you're onto plums. Agree with Armand2 above that McIntyre's description is good and shows he's obviously picked out Fox in particular for this attribute.

Strange move. Wasn't his reasoning for leaving to play for a bigger club and one that'd get more recognition from Strachan.

Seems to me that the most logical conclusion is that he's followed the money.

Take it County are 'going for it' this season?

Strange move. Wasn't his reasoning for leaving to play for a bigger club and one that'd get more recognition from Strachan.

Can't imagine County are paying more than Partick. More logically, I think the Strachan thing was the first thing that came into his head - as opposed to saying 'I just fancy a move'.

In either case, he's better than Brown and not Kyle Letheren.

Edited by Savage Henry

What shite folk talk, he's quite obviously a half decent keeper

Yeah, he is half decent. Nothing more, nothing less. Can only echo the comments above about him not being able to command his area but being capable of some fine saves. I was happy with him being our number one next season but I'm not exactly losing sleep over this.

Can't imagine County are paying more than Partick. More logically, I think the Strachan thing was the first thing that came into his head - as opposed to saying 'I just fancy a move'.

In either case, he's better than Brown and not Kyle Letheren.

Come on, you're not suggesting Fox left Firhill for County just because he 'fancied a move?' It might be accommodation or it might be wages or it might be length of contract, but there is no way he'd have made the move if he hadn't been offered a better deal.

If County were "going for it", I would be hoping to see Uncle Roy's tens of millions hundreds of millions being spent on players a cut above Scott Fox and Brian Graham.

So at least we've got a team forming now:

Scott Fox

Marcus Fraser (CB Reqd) Scott Boyd Jamie Reckord
Michael Gardyne Ian McShane Rocco Quinn Raffaele De Vita
Liam Boyce Craig Curran

Subs: Brian Graham, Kyle Macleod, Tony Dingwall

Hopefully Paul Quinn will sign up soon.

yoda, on 29 May 2015 - 16:34, said:

If County were "going for it", I would be hoping to see Uncle Roy's tens of millions hundreds of millions being spent on players a cut above Scott Fox and Brian Graham.

You have Billy Dodds as assistant - He and Chisholm signed Fox for us. Wonder if it was based on his recommendation? Although obviously I'm sure McIntyre has seen him enough on his own considering you share the same league!

Just the fact that you've beaten a regular top 6 club to a striker that was already on loan to them and now a keeper that Partick Thistle wanted to retain. To me that suggests County are pushing the boat out a little, even if it is on players you don't think are exactly amazing!