The General Ross County Chat Thread

The Free Dictionary (by Farlex) defines "blow out of the water" as:

Fig. to destroy utterly someone or something, such as a plan

It appears that Tommy Wright is just stating a clear fact so I'm not sure why this is deemed "post worthy". He planned to sign Brian Graham but Ross County ruined that plan by signing him before St. Johnstone got round to offering him a contract*.

*The "unofficial" St. Johnstone Twitter account exclusively revealed that Tommy Wright was going to open contract negotiations with Graham, hours before Ross County officially announced his signing.

Best of luck to RB.

I hope like Ketts we can find some way of keeping him involved at County.

Was never going to move south with his family settled here and clearly his priority (who knew?) - but surely he was offered a contract at a higher level.

Far more atmosphere at Dudgeon than McDiarmid anyway.

Dudgeon sounds like some kind of fish*. Or like 'dungeon'. Any dragons there?

McDiarmid... McMermaid?

*There is, of course, a fish called a gudgeon. Rather Highland-sounding :) I'm happy for Brittain over all, with a splattering of other conflicting emotions in there too. Expect he'll be seen around Victoria Park on a regular basis for many years to come.

That's some team Brora have themselves. How many of ours now? I can think of Tokeley (still playing?), Munro, Kettlewell, Brittain... Feel like I'm missing someone else??

(Edited to leave spaces between paragraphs that my phone just refuses to do!)

Edited by The Great Stagsby

Dudgeon sounds like some kind of fish*. Or like 'dungeon'. Any dragons there? McDiarmid... McMermaid? *There is, of course, a fish called a gudgeon. Rather Highland-sounding :)I'm happy for Brittain over all, with a splattering of other conflicting emotions in there too. Expect he'll be seen around Victoria Park on a regular basis for many years to come. That's some team Brora have themselves. How many of ours now? I can think of Tokeley (still playing?), Munro, Kettlewell, Brittain... Feel like I'm missing someone else??

Malin, Steven Mackay