The General Ross County Chat Thread

442_20.png

So there are likely two more signings to arrive: a spare 'keeper and a central midfielder.

There's a Jackson Irvine shaped hole in the midfield, otherwise the first XI is the same or bettered on the end of last season. If Irvine arrives then there are only three necessary changes to the first XI.

ETA: I expect the starting team against Celtic to be totally different, but the comparison holds up.

Edited by bunglebonce

Bradford fans seem gutted to lose him. https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/davies-to-ross-county.45372/

Seems like a great signing

"Whoever suggested the insulting contract we offered him wants butt****ing"

What a strange bunch.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

I don't understand giving Foster a 2 year deal. He's not better than Fraser and Marcus is significantly younger to boot. Fair enough having some backup but 2 years? That part does worry me a bit.

How many years did we give Gary McSwegan back in the Sith era? Was it 3 years? I hope we're not going down that road again.

At least Davies sounds capable.

Edited by forkboy

You'd rather the Adams way of players on 5 month and 1 years deals?

Give me the whole squad on 2 year deals any day. If a couple players don't play or are not good I think it's a risk worth taking overall. Finally we're going to have a fairly settled squad and actually recognise who is playing in the team on a Saturday afternoon.

Edited by staggy4life

McSwegan had three years.

The whole squad is on two years, apart from McShane on three and Quinn on one.

The strategy is to bring stability, to build on the relative success of the end of last season, and to gradually evolve the team from there.

I suppose you can't please everybody.

You'd rather the Adams way of players on 5 month and 1 years deals?

Give me the whole the squad on 2 year deals any day. If a couple players don't play or are not good I think it's a risk worth taking overall. Finally we're going to have a fairly settled squad and actually recognise who is playing in the team on a Saturday afternoon.

I'd rather some players get long contracts and some get short contracts depending on age, potential, ability, those sort of things. Foster, from what I've seen of him and that's obviously less than McIntyre, is shit. I'd rather he got zero months contract but seeing as he's signed up it's whatever. I just think signing a guy who isn't obviously better than our current right back for multiple years reminds me of the Smith era a bit. And if you were around then surely you remember how bad our financial situation was (as well as the product on the park by the end).

I'm not saying "sack McIntyre for this" so lets not exaggerate, just mildly concerned because of what I've seen seen before. Very mildly but it's worth mentioning.

Edited by forkboy

Kenny Macintyre ‏@bbckennymac 5m5 minutes ago

.@RCFCStaggies have signed the former Rangers and Aberdeen defender Richard Foster on a two-year deal. #BBCSportsound

Confirmed then.

Never really had any reason to dislike County. Thirteen letters on a two year playing contract just changed that however. Dick by name, Dick by nature.

Can't wait to see him getting topped a new one at pittodrie this year.

Never really had any reason to dislike County. Thirteen letters on a two year playing contract just changed that however. Dick by name, Dick by nature.

Can't wait to see him getting topped a new one at pittodrie this year.

I seriously don't expect him to be playing. Fraser will be first choice RB.

I think Ross County have done some good business certainly in comparison to teams around them like Killie,Partick,Hamilton. Still looking for another good few players and another goalkeeper being a priority. Andrew Davies will be a cracking signing. He was still playing for Bradford and I found it strange to see him come up to county. I asked a friend of Andy Halliday who said Davies is good pals with De Vita and he convinced him to give it a crack. Ross county have also been chasing halliday but he is training at murray park at the moment.

I think Ross County have done some good business certainly in comparison to teams around them like Killie,Partick,Hamilton. Still looking for another good few players and another goalkeeper being a priority. Andrew Davies will be a cracking signing. He was still playing for Bradford and I found it strange to see him come up to county. I asked a friend of Andy Halliday who said Davies is good pals with De Vita and he convinced him to give it a crack. Ross county have also been chasing halliday but he is training at murray park at the moment.

Was Andy Halliday not with us as a youth for a while?

Not sure how he ended up with us in the first place, he's not local. But after doing well with us for a season he went to Rangers. Obviously didnt quite make it there, so went to Livingston etc.

Good player! I imagine if he comes Irvine won't..? An assumption purely based on the number of midfielders we have already, and JM's comments that we're looking to bring a (singular) midfielder. Probably/maybe more room for manoeuvre in our squad there than I'm painting. More importantly, thats a big "if" given you're saying he's training at Murray Park... I doubt we'd tempt him ahead of Rangers if it came to a choice between us! I'm going to file him under "unlikely, but would be nice".

EDIT: I imagine anyone who meets De Vita would end up being his friend :wub:

Edited by dingdong1929