The General Ross County Chat Thread

I think you're correct, in the whole.

Cabaye-Tiote for Newcastle take turns in sitting-pressing.

Kettlewell-Lawson is generally a balance of one and the other.

Vigurs-Lawson can be similar, but have played a few games together now and Vigurs does like to get forward.

Lawson-Quinn are quite/too similar, but with experience together can be rectified.

Brittain-Lawson is too similar, without a third CM to balance it.

Rocco Quinn has been asked to play in every midfield role this season, across the four. He's very much this season's Jimmy Scott in that respect, but with different attributes. That doesn't help his own cause, because he's just filling in someone else's role all the time, without us seeing him establish a place in the team for himself.

Edited by bunglebonce

Didnt Ketts take a head knock just before Quinn came on? Maybe that changed the planned substitution.

When they went to make the sub, they first indicated for Vigurs to come off, but then Ketts was needing attention, they changed their minds and indicated to Vigurs to stay on.

I suspect they were going to try out the Brittain / Lawson/Kettlewell/Quinn midfield ahead of Saturday's game.

As for the Morton goal, I felt it was more to do with Brittain coming off.

Miller was getting a hard time all game down that side of the pitch, and Brittain did a lot of work helping him out. After Brittain went off I felt Miller was a bit exposed. And the goal came down that side of the pitch

As for the Morton goal, I felt it was more to do with Brittain coming off.

Miller was getting a hard time all game down that side of the pitch, and Brittain did a lot of work helping him out. After Brittain went off I felt Miller was a bit exposed. And the goal came down that side of the pitch

Brittain coming off had an impact, but I'm not entirely sure that he would have been back to help in time, if he was committed to the same attack as Vigurs was.

Edited by bunglebonce

Rumour going around that ICT will play County on April 22nd as part of Grant Munro's testimonial. First half will be the current "first-teams" with the "legends" playing in the second-half.

Rumour going around that ICT will play County on April 22nd as part of Grant Munro's testimonial. First half will be the current "first-teams" with the "legends" playing in the second-half.

Fucking hell, did ICT really release Munro in his testimonial season? That's pretty heartless. It's never made sense why they released him.

Fucking hell, did ICT really release Munro in his testimonial season? That's pretty heartless. It's never made sense why they released him.

I'm surprised he if he would even want to go near it.

The fallout with Caley was pretty severe, I've been told Munro not only took his own Caley related clothes & memerobilia but he even took his kids Caley strips etc to the dump (and by dump I mean for disposal, not just back to the stadium from whence they came).

Never heard a date, but I did hear at the start of the season it was part of his signing on agreement that he got a testimonial - and it was suspected it would be against Caley.

I also heard at the time he would play one half for County and one half for Caley, which probably means he'll play for the current County team and possibly the Caley 'legends team'

Yep was speaking to Granty tonight. Sunday 22nd April 3pm kick off at TCS (the dump to you guys ;). 1st half first team, 2nd half legends. It's for both Grant and Russell's testimonial. £10 adults, £5 kids. Could be an interesting taster for next season!

Never heard a date, but I did hear at the start of the season it was part of his signing on agreement that he got a testimonial - and it was suspected it would be against Caley.

Tsk tsk. I trust he'll be taxed fully on it then as it's clearly by reason of employment. :rolleyes:

I think what you meant to say was "I heard at the start of the season that absolutely no testimonial promise was made as part of his signing on agreement and it's a tremendous spontaneous gesture that one is now being organised as a thank you for the tremendous service he's given to both clubs". ;)

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Tsk tsk. I trust he'll be taxed fully on it then as it's clearly by reason of employment. :rolleyes:

I think what you meant to say was "I heard at the start of the season that absolutely no testimonial promise was made as part of his signing on agreement and it's a tremendous spontaneous gesture that one is now being organised as a thank you for the tremendous service he's given to both clubs". ;)

I probably worded it wrongly, but he was awarded the testimonial by ICT... Just that Ross County promised to play in it.

Hence why the game is in Inverness and not Dingwall

It didn't make any sense at all.

Without a shadow of a doubt the most monumental blunder of all Butcher's monumental blunders and God knows there's been plenty of these.

Some semi (tee-hee) interesting stats.

Goals Scored

50 goals scored in 28 games = averaging 1.79 goals scored per game

Ross County have scored 54% of their goals (27) in the second half. 28% of all league goals have been scored during the 75-90 minute period (that's 14 goals).

This is how the percentages related to the timing of goals breaks down:

0-15 = 12% (6 goals)

16-30 = 18% (9 goals)

31-45 = 16% (8 goals)

45-59 = 10% (5 goals)

60-74 = 16% (8 goals)

75-90 = 28% (14 goals)

From my counting, 4 goals have been from the penalty spot, 3 have been from direct free-kicks and 1 has been courtesy of an own goal . Feel free to correct this though.

Goals Conceded

24 goals conceded in 28 games = averaging 0.86 goals conceded per game.

County may have scored most of their goals in the second half, but they've also conceded 58% of total goals conceded in the second half (14). It's a similar story to "Goals Scored" with most of the goals being conceded during the 75-90 minute period. 37.5% of all goals conceded have been conceded at this time (9 goals).

Like above, here's a breakdown:

0-15 = 8% (2 goals)

16-30 = 8% (2 goals)

31-45 = 25% (6 goals)

45-59 = 12.5% (3 goals)

60-74 = 8% (2 goals)

75-90 = 37.5% (9 goals)

Of course, 20.8% of all goals conceded came in 1 match! :P

From my counting, 4 goals have been conceded from the penalty spot (Dundee have scored 3 goals against County this season, 2 from the spot), 1 from a direct free-kick and 1 from a corner. So 6 goals direct from "set-pieces", and 18 conceded from "open play".

Edited by yoda

It didn't make any sense at all.

Without a shadow of a doubt the most monumental blunder of all Butcher's monumental blunders and God knows there's been plenty of these.

It was all to do with Foran I believe.

Seemingly, what Foran says, goes, at Caley - no idea why, but that's what I head.

and when Foran was offered a new deal last season, he said he'd only sign if Munro wasn't there - I have no idea what the problem was between the two of them - did they both want the captaincy ?

Anyway, Butcher obviously felt Foran was more important to Caley than Munro was, so Foran got a deal, Munro didn't.

In my opinion, a massive mistake by Butcher, but from a County perspective, a great decision !

It was all to do with Foran I believe.

Seemingly, what Foran says, goes, at Caley - no idea why, but that's what I head.

and when Foran was offered a new deal last season, he said he'd only sign if Munro wasn't there - I have no idea what the problem was between the two of them - did they both want the captaincy ?

Anyway, Butcher obviously felt Foran was more important to Caley than Munro was, so Foran got a deal, Munro didn't.

In my opinion, a massive mistake by Butcher, but from a County perspective, a great decision !

Sounds like a lot of shite, tbh.

Anyway, I only came on to congratulate Ross County who, without sounding patronising, will be a tremendous addition to the SPL. Have the manager and work ethic to stay up. Strengthen the squad, particularly in the striking department and I can see County establishing themselves up there. Best of luck.