The General Ross County Chat Thread

Ah worked out who you are - were you also one of two stags who were downing their pints with the masks on?

I also now know who dalrystag/slateforstag is - thanks for the punch in the nose and whacks on back of legs when standing on my seat during celebrations ;) haha

Yep, I was the one that won... by some considerable distance. :ph34r:

At the expense that Falkirk may finish 4th this season?

Makes our party even sweeter.

Or on current form, it's quite likely to be 6th :ph34r:

In fact, they could be 6th by tonight... and could still technically finish 7th. :lol:

Edited by Spain

At least you've not let his comments get to you.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Pressley's only looking after his own, which is all any manager should ever be about. The trouble is, he's not the most eloquent speaker, so when his "wars of words" with Derek Adams comes up, he invariably looks like a bit of a tit. He's protecting his team though, I don't take his words very seriously. All managers do it, like Adams said, and he'll get better at it.

Its not that they have got to us. It's just the fact he's made an erse of himself. Your director of football even wishes us the best and we play good passing football and not long ball merchants like captain charisma accusess of. So it makes him look even worse!

Not got to us, but you have to admit after all the bumping of gums, you can understand why we'd find it funny to see you lot slip to 6th.

Also, with Hamilton being the only team to have beaten us this season (so far) the higher they finish, the better our little slip up looks ;)

Not got to us, but you have to admit after all the bumping of gums, you can understand why we'd find it funny to see you lot slip to 6th.

Also, with Hamilton being the only team to have beaten us this season (so far) the higher they finish, the better our little slip up looks ;)

Thing is, Pressley's comments have been massively blown out of proportion. I challenge you to find me a quote showing Pressley saying County are a bad footballing side or using the term "Long-ball". He believes that when both teams are at their absolute maximum - Falkirk appear to be a bit better on the "footballing" side.

Has he been a bit of a sore loser? Of course he has. But would Derek Adams react in a similar fashion if roles were reversed? You bet he would.

Anyway, I'm not trying to take anything away from your title victory. It was throrougly deserved and I'm sure you'll do just fine in the SPL.

Edited by Just a bairn

Don't think many County fans would defend the way Adams over-reacts at times, but seeing as he gets results he can react as petulantly as he wants in my eyes. Clearly him getting wound up just makes him more determined.

As I said in the Morton game thread, we have our annual Speakers' Dinner on Friday night. Normally we get some news broken at this, so I wonder what it will be this year. I already very drunkenly revealed to a few fans (and a couple of the players too) that our kit manufacturer will be Diadora next season. I hope this wasn't the news they were planning :ph34r:

Thing is, Pressley's comments have been massively blown out of proportion. I challenge you to find me a quote showing Pressley saying County are a bad footballing side or using the term "Long-ball". He believes that when both teams are at their absolute maximum - Falkirk appear to be a bit better on the "footballing" side.

Has he been a bit of a sore loser? Of course he has. But would Derek Adams react in a similar fashion if roles were reversed? You bet he would.

Anyway, I'm not trying to take anything away from your title victory. It was throrougly deserved and I'm sure you'll do just fine in the SPL.

After the last game he made the comment that only one team had "excited him", what ever he meant by that I don't know but he's got problems if he finds a losing team exciting.

He was talking about which team has more potential in the long run.

Which would make it every bit as nonsensical a statement .

For what it's worth, it never ceases to surprise me why so many people take managers literally.