The General Ross County Chat Thread

Apparently so I'm afraid.

Is there reasoning behind this? From an aesthetical point of view I would rather we stuck with the Nike templates, but if a deal with Diadora will actually benefit the club financially then it'd be hard to complain. Well, so long as the shirts aren't mince and no one buys them...

I always quite liked the Diadora Scotland kits, with the notable exception of the red monstrosity worn away to Georgia. I believe the Diadora brand is now owned by JD Sports, who also own the Cabrini and Fila brands as well. This seasons St Mirren kits look quite smart, so I won't be too concerned about what we will be getting next season. Hopefully it means a return to white and navy away kits.

I hope it is a nice kit as I would love to buy it with SPL patches and name and number.

IMHO the Diadora stuff can look a wee bit too modernist italian. Something more conservative might be better??? Much preferred the Nike and Adidas kits.

Diadora came to us so I've been told with a proper deal. The Adidas and Nike kits weren't done as any part of a deal and we paid a firm in Glasgow or somewhere to put badges and logos on them. this meant they were less profitable (well, per item - they may well have sold better than other years purely because they looked significantly better).

They can be a bit hit and miss with strips in my opinion. Some are fantastic, and some are just woeful. The second one they did for Scotland I think it was, was pretty decent (similar-ish to our first Adidas one). Looked better with the extra colour on it though that the likes of Roma had.

IMO it will be nice to have unique kits that aren't worn by every pub team in the land. Even Nairn County have the same kit design as us this season.

Here is the full Diadora Scotland range. http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/scotland/scotland-2000-2010.html

A few of us were allowed into the Ross suite after the game on Saturday (since there was a function in the Hamilton lounge), quite interesting seeing all the County strips over the years, in frames along the wall!

There's a surprising amount of stuff spread about that room, like signed pendants and commemorative plates etc. Always worth a good gander round.

He was talking about which team has more potential in the long run.

Potential to do what? finish third 20 points + behind the team that had just humped you? The man's a delusional fanny!

Edited because I'm pish at spelling

Edited by SNECKSTAGGIE