The General Ross County Chat Thread

Lawson has been on Twitter implying that he hopes to stay. I also hope he stays, mainly so I can post another "Paul Lawson Love-In" thread. I may actually extend it to a "Richard Brittain, Stuart Kettlewell, Paul Lawson & Iain Vigurs Love-In" thread.

I've stopped reading a word you post now that the Katy Perry gif has returned. 8)

Flynn is one of my favourite players and I'm really disappointed he's leaving sad.gif

He's a great defender, and as has already been said, has fantastic distribution. I genuinely think he'll end up a very good player and I'd have loved to have seen him stay with us and develop into Munro's replacement. Twitter banter did come across a bit petulant, but can understand it, especially if he's homesick with the wee man. Doubt he thought he would go from arguably one of our players of the season to barely figuring at all... am surprised he didn't qualify for a medal though?? How many appearances do you have to make??

Flynn is one of my favourite players and I'm really disappointed he's leaving sad.gif

He's a great defender, and as has already been said, has fantastic distribution. I genuinely think he'll end up a very good player and I'd have loved to have seen him stay with us and develop into Munro's replacement. Twitter banter did come across a bit petulant, but can understand it, especially if he's homesick with the wee man. Doubt he thought he would go from arguably one of our players of the season to barely figuring at all... am surprised he didn't qualify for a medal though?? How many appearances do you have to make??

It's not done on appearances anymore, we just get given a set amount for the club to assign. We could buy more however, but I don't know how much they cost.

While I agree that Flynn's a great defender with excellent distribution and it'll be a shame to see him go, I'm equally confident in Del & George's ability to source some bargains somewhere. All the best big man.

It's not done on appearances anymore, we just get given a set amount for the club to assign. We could buy more however, but I don't know how much they cost.

While I agree that Flynn's a great defender with excellent distribution and it'll be a shame to see him go, I'm equally confident in Del & George's ability to source some bargains somewhere. All the best big man.

Aye, just read a thread on it on OTB. Should have gone there first! (albeit I read some other threads and now my eyes are a bit hot and emotional....) Would like to think we can get him a medal, but have no idea how much that would cost either!

I also agree to trust in Adams & Co., and have to admit it makes sense he's leaving. All the very best to him smile.gif

For all you folk that keep popping in with your cameras, I'm led to believe erection of the steelwork for the Jubilee Stand (I'm assuming it will be called the Jubilee Stand anyway) will commence on Friday/Monday.

Off to Falkirk, from what I've heard/read.

According to the player himself, he's going back to Belfast for the summer and then seeing what happens. At one point he tweeted that this season was "a waste of a year".

The guy's a good centre half but there's obviously a screw loose somewhere. He started the season in the team, got injured and never got his place back. I'm not sure what his problem is other than ego.

Just popping in to say well done and good luck "up there".

Remember your injections and once you've played any of the OF... once you have shaken hands.... check your wedding rings etc..... just sayin' wink.gif

All the best Staggies, enjoy the rideblink.gif

Aye, just read a thread on it on OTB. Should have gone there first! (albeit I read some other threads and now my eyes are a bit hot and emotional....) Would like to think we can get him a medal, but have no idea how much that would cost either!

I see the thread on OTB says the club got 18 medals to distribute. When we won in 2002 we got 20 medals. Perhaps with squads smaller generally now the SFL are economising.

I seem to recall that extra medals cost about £100 each or something to that effect. We bought an extra two for our reserve keepers when we won the second division.

I'm not saying that any of the companies wouldn't be whiter than white with regards to Health & Safety, and that all employees don't work flat out all the time, but I'm sure plenty of people would hate that idea. ;)

Well done to Ross County. Fantastic club with a fantastic support and pleased to have them on my doorstep. Will look forward to visiting the away end for those now rivalrous United/County clashes.

Hope it's a bit better than Inverness' stadium. I like the idea of a mini Tyncastle in terms of being very close to the play.

It'd be better if the Jail End was still terraced. Grumble grumble.

I'll probably stop moaning about that in about 6 months, & then start again when we end up back in the 1st with a pishy all seater stadium.

It'd be better if the Jail End was still terraced. Grumble grumble.

I'll probably stop moaning about that in about 6 months, & then start again when we end up back in the 1st with a pishy all seater stadium.

Maybe they can rip the seats out if we go back down...:lol: