The General Ross County Chat Thread

Is it just me, or does being in this forum right now feel a bit like you're standing around at your living room window wearing a hawaii shirt, shorts and a sombrero, with your suitcase in one hand and your passport in the other, just waiting for the taxi to whisk you away?

Beat me to it :rolleyes:

More importantly, where's these pics of next years strip at? :ph34r:

He's saying his Dad has the photo but he's currently offshore in Norway. He's been known for talking rubbish 99% of the time but it seemed true when he told me it was Diadora and Stanley Black&Decker as you mentioned.

I'll give it until Friday or we'll just have to wait like everyone else!

Willie McStay is co-commentating a game on BBC Scotland tonight. He sounds so incredibly dull. Much like his spell at the club.

Anyway, if we're here for much longer I may need to start a thread demanding forum-wide appreciation for Ross County.

With regards to the new pitch at Victoria Park, does anyone know if it's a newly sewn pitch we are getting, or is it turf that is being laid??

Newly sewn. Takes 4 weeks in the right conditions to fully establish.

Would imagine it would be new turf being laid, surely not enough time a fresh pitch to grow

Newly sewn. :rolleyes:

Also, it's 35N concrete that's gone in at the Jubilee Stand. Any other random tit-bits you'd like to know? ;)

What type of plastic is being used in the manufacture of the seats? Also, how much legroom will there be for each seat (I would prefer the answer to be in centimetres if possible)?

Edited by yoda

Hope it's a bit better than Inverness' stadium. I like the idea of a mini Tyncastle in terms of being very close to the play.

Only time i was up was a Tuesday/ Wednesday night for a cup tie, was quite like a mini Tynecastle in that it felt like a good old fashioned stadium but doesnt create the same atmosphere. Although no stadium in Scotland does

I hope most of the lads stay. The whole squad have just been tremendous this season and deserve a crack at the big time.

No, you really do not want that.

According to the player himself, he's going back to Belfast for the summer and then seeing what happens. At one point he tweeted that this season was "a waste of a year".

The guy's a good centre half but there's obviously a screw loose somewhere. He started the season in the team, got injured and never got his place back. I'm not sure what his problem is other than ego.

In fairness he's spent a year away from his family, to not play all that much and to not even get recognised with a winners medal(Dunfermline gave winners medals to anyone who made an appearance with us, after all, everyone did contribute in there own way, even Hyde and Bayne.

I can see where he's coming from.

Tannoys (Tannoies??? not sure what the correct plural spelling is)...please tell me we are getting new one put in place. Can hardly hear from them at the best of times.

What type of plastic is being used in the manufacture of the seats? Also, how much legroom will there be for each seat (I would prefer the answer to be in centimetres if possible)?

I've bitten off more than I can chew here :unsure:

I have no idea about the tannoy system. I would expect the Jailend ones will be replaced, and obviously there isn't one in the away terrace at present.

The plastic will be a thermoplastic, but other than that I'm not entirely sure. It's most likely to be either Polypropylene or Polyamide.

With regards to legroom, engineers work in millimeters or meters. So no dice.

:ph34r:

Ask more questions = recieve more answers. So I just did.

They're currently slitting the drainage at the moment, and about to put in the undersoil heating and silica sand. They hope to have the soil in and seeded by the end of May. Any later, and they may need to turf it instead. The problem being, turfing it costs 3 times as much as seeding it.

Thanks for the pics Silver.

On the Tannoy, the one we have is ancient and we got it 2nd hand from another club, I cant remember which one, needs an upgrade though. You just cant hear it in the Jailend on a busy day.