The General Ross County Chat Thread

I'd definitely make you boys favourites to come back up at first time of asking. 
Will be backing you for the 2018/2019 Ladbrokes Championship Title. 

Thanks, Roger.

In return, I’m backing you guys to scramble to tenth place on the third last game of the season next year.

xoxo

Vigurs would crawl over a mile of broken glass, whilst wearing a shrapnel lined onesie, to sign for County. He fucking loves the club.

If plucking imaginary figures out of thin air eases the hurt, then I hope the ICT fans wire in. It's good to have a coping mechanism.

Edited by yoda

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

They can't not be favourites IMO.  They'll keep almost all of their squad and sign other who will get them out of the league.

Not sure keeping most of this squad will be good enough. It wasn't very good on the whole.

Just now, forkboy said:

Not sure keeping most of this squad will be good enough. It wasn't very good on the whole.

I think you'd be surprised.  The standard of player in the Championship at the monent isn't great.

Copied from OTB:

To summarise the news in the P&J and Sun today:

Gone:
Mikkelsen 
Chow
N'Gog
McCarey
Tumilty
Malcolm
Foden
S. Morrison
Ashmore
Kyle Johnson
Plus loan players Tansey, Kait, Melbourne and Souttar have returned to their clubs.

Offered deals:
Gardyne
Fontaine
Schalk
Curran
Fraser
Routis
T. Dingwall
R. Dingwall
Dykes

Vigurs has not signed yet, but expected to sign and be announced today, ICT obviously took the huff and wanted to get the news out first.

1 minute ago, StuartTaylor said:

Copied from OTB:

To summarise the news in the P&J and Sun today:

Gone:
Mikkelsen 
Chow
N'Gog
McCarey
Tumilty
Malcolm
Foden
S. Morrison
Ashmore
Kyle Johnson
Plus loan players Tansey, Kait, Melbourne and Souttar have returned to their clubs.

Offered deals:
Gardyne
Fontaine
Schalk
Curran
Fraser
Routis
T. Dingwall
R. Dingwall
Dykes

Vigurs has not signed yet, but expected to sign and be announced today, ICT obviously took the huff and wanted to get the news out first.

Other than Ashmore and Tumilty , there's nobody I'm devastated to see leave from that first shower.  That was fifty grand well spent on Mikkelsen, cheers Jim.

The second lot is much more interesting.  I'd be happy if they all stayed, although I'd imagine the Dingwall brothers will flatter to deceive again if they stay.

34 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Other than Ashmore and Tumilty , there's nobody I'm devastated to see leave from that first shower.  That was fifty grand well spent on Mikkelsen, cheers Jim.

The second lot is much more interesting.  I'd be happy if they all stayed, although I'd imagine the Dingwall brothers will flatter to deceive again if they stay.

Thought you said you wanted Dingwall to stay? Or were you just spouting more nonsense?

10 minutes ago, tintax said:

Shalk and Routis are away. 

Have you seen that somewhere?

15 minutes ago, tintax said:

Shalk and Routis are away. 

I've heard it mentioned a few times, do we know that for certain yet?

Anyway, I also note there's no mention made there towards Fox, Davies, Kelly, Draper, O'Brien, McKay, DKD & Greg Morrison. On the basis that I know a number of those are supposed to have time left on their contracts, I'd assume the rest of that bunch fall into the same category.

Similarly, one of the loan players omitted from the list too, Lindsay, who was rumoured to have a "buy-cheap-at-the-end-of-the-loan" deal.

Edited by Spain

21 minutes ago, Spain said:

Anyway, I also note there's no mention made there towards Fox, Davies, Kelly, Draper, O'Brien, McKay, DKD & Greg Morrison. On the basis that I know a number of those are supposed to have time left on their contracts, I'd assume the rest of that bunch fall into the same category.

They are the players who it is implied have been given the reduced terms, which the club was entitled (but not obliged) to do after relegation.  Maybe Greg Morrison doesn't have the same clause in his contract in the same manner, I don't know, but you've forgotten about Ryan Dow on that list.

If they don't want the reduced terms then they are allowed to leave for free.  Draper and Mckay could in theory go back to ICT, what a carry on that would be :lol:

12 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

They are the players who it is implied have been given the reduced terms, which the club was entitled (but not obliged) to do after relegation.  Maybe Greg Morrison doesn't have the same clause in his contract in the same manner, I don't know, but you've forgotten about Ryan Dow on that list.

If they don't want the reduced terms then they are allowed to leave for free.  Draper and Mckay could in theory go back to ICT, what a carry on that would be :lol:

Yeah, spotted that too. Likely that list of 8 should have Dow instead of Morrison on it.

I think this is what we’ve worked out so far (following on from Stuart's post).

Released
Mikkelsen
Chow
N'Gog
McCarey
Tumilty
Malcolm
Foden
S. Morrison
Ashmore
Kyle Johnson

Loans Ended
Tansey
Kait
Melbourne
Souttar
Lindsay

Out of contract - offered new deals
Gardyne
Fontaine
Schalk
Curran
Fraser
Routis
T. Dingwall
R. Dingwall
Dykes

Still in contract - offered renegotiated terms
Fox
Davies
Kelly
Draper
JOB
McKay
DKD
Dow

Game of financial chicken
Naismith

Edited by Spain

I was speaking to a driver for DHL yesterday at work and he mentioned he had picked up a number of suitcases/items from Dingwall both for Schalk and Routis, to be sent to Holland and France respectively.  Apparently this is a usual occurrence for Schalk so read into this what you will.  

If Routis is away that's disappointing, at times he showed quality then at other times was almost a complete was of a jersey. Probably doesn't fancy the bright lights of the second tier.

Offering new terms to Kelly, though. Jesus. Might as well scream "attack our left side" if he stays and plays.