The General Ross County Chat Thread

Maybe some of those criticising County for being unsustainable would like to explain what that means. It’s sustained us through six seasons in the top league. It’s sustained us to a Scottish cup final and a League cup.  
In the meantime we’ve developed the stadium from. Highland  league stadium to an all-seated stadium. The stadium has facilities for hospitality on match days , we have a supporters bar in the ground. The stadium has function rooms used by local businesses and others outside matchdays. The bar functions as a restaurant outside match-days. We have training facilities on site both indoors and outdoors, state of the art gyms envied by many top Scottish teams.
Yes, it’s been done with the financial clout  of McGregor but not just him. Is this sustainable? If Roy pulls out tomorrow we will still have the facilities. Will we struggle to get back to the top level? Probably, but we’ll continue as a local side for much of the Highlands north of Inverness.  Of course Roy might stay and continue the plan to develop the facilities, attract better income streams from non-football sources and continue to develop football in the North of Scotland.
I think that will sustain professional football in Dingwall for the foreseeable future and that’s sustainable enough for me. Of course if anyone wants to spout unsubstantiated claims about wages and the amount of money actually puts into his local team feel free.
Unsustainable is getting the cheque book every transfer window because you are in trouble - that's in no way sustainable in the long run.

Regarding County being a well-run club, they are well-run in the sense that the administration and operation of the club is good.  They are good with the media, helped by their chairman being easy to deal with.  That's in stark contrast to us, who have a terrible reputation with the press and media, going back to when Terry Butcher left.

One thing that Roy MacGregor obviously knows is how important it is to be in the top flight in Scotland.  It's very difficult to run a full-time club outside the top flight and that's why he's backed them in the January window several times during their stint in the top flight.  It worked on several occasions but didn't this time.  Every club of this level is a couple of bad decisions or appointments away from a very poor season and circumstances have been that County have had a 'mare this time out.  You can see why they appointed a guy like Coyle and signed someone like N'Gog but obviously both were abject failures,  spending £100,000 on Ross Draper is justifiable on paper but it hasn't worked out at all.  It's just one of those things.

I think Naismith is out of contract at the end of the month, would be amazed if he was with us next season. Would massively improve virtually all the top flight clubs with him in their defence.

Wonder if they can keep ahold of Naismith, brilliant player.

Doubt it to be honest. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him go to an Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts if I’m honest. Absolutely class act, deserves to be playing top flight football.

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I think Naismith is out of contract at the end of the month, would be amazed if he was with us next season. Would massively improve virtually all the top flight clubs with him in their defence.

Pretty certain Naismith signed for 3 & 1/2 years. Regardless he’ll be away. 

27 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why does Random Guy care so much

Because he's a weirdo. He's even in the Championship subforum, angrily banging his fists against his keyboard, having a wee bitch about Uncle Roy's deep pockets.

40 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Really can he play ethier right back or center back if so please sing him up

37 minutes ago, Jag0001 said:

Really can he play ethier right back or center back if so please sing him up

He can play centre half, but it wastes all of his ability going forward.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

You lot were warned.

To be fair I didn’t see all of last year so maybe he was good then but apart from a few deacent games this season awful I think he dose care he’s just that bad

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Hopefully this the start of many stories outing Coyle as a hopeless oddball.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2636706/ross-county-michael-gardyne-owen-coyle/

Minus a very strange poll, the Daily Record version of that interview is  bit more in depth, and slightly less critical of Coyle.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-gardyne-slaughters-owen-coyle-12532300