The General Ross County Chat Thread

19 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

As opposed to a club that gets council handouts to build stadia? Glass houses, stones etc etc

Yeah a 1 time grant 20 years ago and several millions pumped in year on year, definitely the same.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

If it was up to me I’d keep: Keillor Dunn, Dingwall, Curran, Mikkelsen and Gardyne.

Dykes and Tummilty have done well out in loan and I’d expect to be first team regulars. Malcolm, MacIver and Ashmore I view as guys who will supplement the first team.

Mark Foden looks dreadful in the 20s. I fear he’ll be our keeper next year. Yikes.

Ideally we’d also have Fraser and Naismith and Schalk, but I’d imagine they’ll all go elsewhere, and who could blame them?

Fox, Davies, Draper and Mckay are all under contract for next year, lord knows whether they’ll hang around. Draper I’d say is most likely to stay. If they all stay, along with Naismith, our stay in the championship will be short.

Routis and O’Brien, your guess is as good as mine.

Kelly, Chow, Ngog, Dow and Fontaine are among the worst players I’ve seen and if they’re anywhere near the squad next year, League 1 here we come.

I’m happy to give Kettlewell and Ferguson more time, but I can see one of them - Kettlewell most likely - becoming the main man. I could also see them both gone by next Christmas if it doesn’t work, and I’m not at all convinced it’s going to be a success.

I really won’t miss all the Premiership baggage. Worse things than relegation. The financial hit means very few of the out of contract players will come back, and those with contracts will either be sold, or hang around on a reduced budget. Looking forward to competitive games against ICT, as not having Boyce levels the field for them.

If we’ve learned anything from this season, it’s that loaning players from England is a terrible idea. Harry Souttar is definitely the least talented one in his family, and his brother’s crap.

Chow + Kelly - Boyce = doom.

Dingwall, Gardyne, Curran and Mikkelsen to stay? Fontain one of the worst player? And that last paragraph? what utter shite... you can tell you don’t see many games. 

Dingwall, Gardyne, Curran and Mikkelsen to stay? Fontain one of the worst player? And that last paragraph? what utter shite... you can tell you don’t see many games. 

It’s the championship. Those guys would do a job there. Mikkelsen’s also under contract.

3 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

My personal season review, bare in mind contract decisions rely on whether Uncle Roy stays on or not.

Scott Fox - Don’t know what to say really. Best county keeper I’d seen in my lifetime, up until this season. Was never confident defensively when he was in goals this season. I still think the management would want to keep him about and, while I probably agree with them, I’m not sure he’ll want to stay at a team that will be playing Championship football next season.

Anyway, au revoir Top Flight football. It’s been a pleasure etc etc.

Best County keeper in your lifetime?  Are you six years old? 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

It’s the championship. Those guys would do a job there. Mikkelsen’s also under contract.

Gardyne is past it, thanks to him for everything. Dingwall hasn’t done anything to note in a county top, Curran runs but that only takes you so far, as for Mikkelsen - he’s set the heather alight there this season hasn’t he. 

Best County keeper in your lifetime?  Are you six years old? 

Last season, and the previous season, he was the best County GK I’d seen in my 23 years of life. No doubt about it.
i know greg morrisons family.
just wondering how good the lad is and can be

Not sure mate, could maybe do a job in the Championship but hasn’t really grounded out a first team place.

As an ICT supporter, the only reason I was happy for County to be relegated was the return of the Highland derby, away days at the Mallard. The seethe that our two teams and Hamilton cause amongst some fans and various media bell-ends by daring to be in the top flight is as bizarre as it is hilarious. I can only imagine the number of heads detonating down south when both cups were - albeit briefly - up here. If we were still in the Premiership I'd have been rooting for County to stay up today, pretty sure a lot of Caley Thistle fans would be the same. Now we're both in the Championship automatic promotion and four derby wins for us next season would be lovely ta, with our Highland neighbours beating some Premiership shitehawks in the play-off

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Last season, and the previous season, he was the best County GK I’d seen in my 23 years of life. No doubt about it.

giphy.webp

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Not sure mate, could maybe do a job in the Championship but hasn’t really grounded out a first team place.

The best County keeper ever is Michael McGovern. 

19 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

As an ICT supporter, the only reason I was happy for County to be relegated was the return of the Highland derby, away days at the Mallard. The seethe that our two teams and Hamilton cause amongst some fans and various media bell-ends by daring to be in the top flight is as bizarre as it is hilarious. I can only imagine the number of heads detonating down south when both cups were - albeit briefly - up here. If we were still in the Premiership I'd have been rooting for County to stay up today, pretty sure a lot of Caley Thistle fans would be the same. Now we're both in the Championship automatic promotion and four derby wins for us next season would be lovely ta, with our Highland neighbours beating some Premiership shitehawks in the play-off

Next season in the Championship will be some battle  , Dundee utd , Morton , Dunfermiline ,   2  highland teams and nae  Brechin....Hope it gets the credit it deserves..

4 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Ah, that explains a lot. Carry on. 

£7,000 a week for David N’Gog is universally worse than being from  Drakies I’m afraid champ. 

And god knows what Uncle Roy was spunking on that Eagles boy.  Very harrowing. 

Ach hard lines lads, sorry to see you go albeit a fairly atrocious season by the standards set in recent years.

No highland representatives next season for the first time in a good few years, I've simply no idea where they'll send Kilmarnock on the Wednesday before Christmas 2018....