The General Ross County Chat Thread

My favourite Ricky Foster anecdote remains when Amy MacDonald came to see him play for us at an away game vs i think St Johnstone. The half time announcer said 'we have a celebrity in our midst' or words to that effect then proceeded to play a KT Tunstall song. 
Never did find out if it was deliberate or not, but top trolling nonetheless. 

This, is Scottish football in a nutshell.

• 2 weeks later...

Delighted.

Shown far more under them than under Coyle, so even if we don't stay up I think they're the men to take us forward. 

14 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Does this mean they'll get two "new manager bounces"? I hardly think that's fair. 

Nothing to stop a team having 38 managers (or 76 in Ross County's case) over the course of a league season.

16 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Does this mean they'll get two "new manager bounces"? I hardly think that's fair. 

It makes up for the new manager dive that we took earlier in the season, it needed two bounces to get us back on an even footing.

3 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

He's put in some good performances and fitted in really well, can we keep him?

Even just for another wee while would be good.

e.g. to January or whole season. I think there might be a strong argument for this in terms of his readiness to step into the Stoke's first team, particularly if they manage to stay up in the Premiership . If they go down they may want to release players too.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Do you think you'd have been relegated had the decision not been taken to replace Jim McIntyre? Or was it more of a case of time up?

I was thinking similar. If County had stuck with Jim and Billy rather than gambling of Coyle they'd have been safe by now, imo.

We went down with 34 points last season and we were complete and  utter garbage.

Ross County currently have 28 points. That tells you how rotten they've been.

9 hours ago, Estragon said:

Do you think you'd have been relegated had the decision not been taken to replace Jim McIntyre? Or was it more of a case of time up?

Who knows, but for many County fans it should have been done at the end of last season, to give a new manager the summer transfer window (a reminder that we lost Boyce for 500k and McIntyre signed Mikkelsen and Billy McKay FFS). Boyce masked what was a poor team last season and kept Jim n Billy in the job for longer than they should have got.

However it seems that the replacement was always going to be Coyle anyway, so we were screwed whenever it happened. That appt has to be the biggest mistake of Roy's tenure, worse than Leitch,  and at least with Willie McStay he realised early and sacked him after 9 games.