The General Ross County Chat Thread

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF the longer hes here the more I'm understanding why that decision was made. Hes a decent player but the amount of abuse he spouts, especially to younger team mates, is disgusting. Served him right when Swanson refused to just accept it and smashed him in the puss.

This. You boys can have him back, the guys a fanny with really really shite hair.

My favourite Ricky Foster anecdote remains when Amy MacDonald came to see him play for us at an away game vs i think St Johnstone. The half time announcer said 'we have a celebrity in our midst' or words to that effect then proceeded to play a KT Tunstall song. 

Never did find out if it was deliberate or not, but top trolling nonetheless. 

57 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

My favourite Ricky Foster anecdote remains when Amy MacDonald came to see him play for us at an away game vs i think St Johnstone. The half time announcer said 'we have a celebrity in our midst' or words to that effect then proceeded to play a KT Tunstall song. 

Never did find out if it was deliberate or not, but top trolling nonetheless. 

:lol:

That wouldn't have been deliberate.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

This. You boys can have him back, the guys a fanny with really really shite hair.

It seems like he doesn't really like the fans of any of his clubs - except for Ross County.  He probably wasn't with us long enough in order for us to give him stick.  

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF the longer hes here the more I'm understanding why that decision was made. Hes a decent player but the amount of abuse he spouts, especially to younger team mates, is disgusting. Served him right when Swanson refused to just accept it and smashed him in the puss.

Wow, didn't appreciate that.  Obviously heard about the dust-up with Swanson, but didn't realise it was such a constant issue with him.

Not playing consistently well enough was the reason McIntyre gave, which seemed mental at the time as Foster was playing leftback, leftmidfield, and rightback, and was usually our best option in those positions (certainly LB and RB at the time). 
Hadn't heard anything about abuse or that at the time, tho there were so many fall-outs under/with McIntyre it maybe just got lost amongst it all? 
Or he hadnt been there long enough to feel comfortable enough to act like that?

4 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Cikos was our best full-back and he wasn't allowed a game.

I thought Cikos signed May 2016, with Foster leaving that Summer, so over the 15-16 season most were saying Foster was our best LB and RB?
Right enough for the following season though, Cikos was ignored (for non-football reasons as the rumour-mill went)

Edited by dingdong1929

38 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

I thought Cikos signed May 2016, with Foster leaving that Summer, so over the 15-16 season most were saying Foster was our best LB and RB?
Right enough for the following season though, Cikos was ignored (for non-football reasons as the rumour-mill went)

They played together for a few matches before Boyd-gate, after which point Foster was punted and Cikos bench-warmed.

The Amy MacDonald thing was defo in Perth.

The good-at-left-midfield thing is an urban legend: his one good appearance there was against Aberdeen and that was because Paul Quinn was playing right-back and his legs had gone.  Foster's dribbling was poor but was so much quicker than Quinn that he could really menace him.  When he played there against Raith Rovers his lack of touch or dribbling was exposed against even a moderately mobile right-back.

Edited by bunglebonce

18 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

They played together for a few matches before Boyd-gate, after which point Foster was punted and Cikos bench-warmed.

The good-at-left-midfield thing is an urban legend: his one good appearance there was against Aberdeen and that was because Paul Quinn was playing right-back and his legs had gone.  Foster's dribbling was poor but was so much quicker than Quinn that he could really menace him.  When he played there against Raith Rovers his lack of touch or dribbling was exposed against even a moderately mobile right-back.

Aye, thats how I remember the changeover of Foster and Cikos (and Boyd-gate).

Dunno why I had Hamilton in my head? I drink too much at County games....they sometimes blur :rolleyes:

Totally with you on the good-at-left-midfield thing, was just mentioning he played there to show how useful he had been as a squad member, and to cheapen McIntyre's argument that he was inconsistent (if he wanted consistency so much, it would have helped to consistently play Foster in the same position).

8 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

(if he wanted consistency so much, it would have helped to consistently play Foster in the same position).

Consistency was the thing McIntyre preached most about in public, yet Martin Woods was first-choice for two and a half years despite being one of the most inconsistent regulars post-SPL.

8 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I see Tansey is starting for the U20s today.

I thought he would be in today - it gives him a full week of training yet before the Motherwell game.  He might be in contention to start that, given how little an impact Gardyne had against Hibs (and against Thistle IMO but I think I might be going against the grain with that).  Curran and Dow will be keeping sharp as fringe players. 

Curran has looked way way of the pace when he's come on the last two games. It's a shame as he's a player that's been so good for us. 

Edited to add, are we likely to see Naismith any time soon or are his thoughts already on a summer move?

Edited by frankthetank22

The Jailend whispers on Saturday suggested that Naismith was injured against Accies and was been given plenty of time to get fully fit. He should come straight back in but I’m not sure who drops out? Unlike a few, I’m a big fan of Routis at CB, his distribution is useful, and Melbourne at least has a left foot. Process of elimination says Fraser but he’s been good at RWB by all accounts. And what about Davies? He’s still useful at this moment in time.

Quite like Tansey to at least be in the squad. Kait too (I’d maybe have him ahead of Gardyne). 

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Negatory, it was Accies.  They tweeted about having KT Tunstall in the stadium and played one of her songs over the tannoy at half time, I tweeted suggesting a sing-off between the two, Accies admitted one of their stewards had misidentified her, Amy and everyone else found it very funny, and KT Tunstall never replied with her opinion on the matter.

I guess it's possible St Johnstone managed it at one point too (I certainly remember seeing Amy there at least once), but I never heard it.

Edited by Forfinn

48 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

Negatory, it was Accies.  They tweeted about having KT Tunstall in the stadium and played one of her songs over the tannoy at half time, I tweeted suggesting a sing-off between the two, Accies admitted one of their stewards had misidentified her, Amy and everyone else found it very funny, and KT Tunstall never replied with her opinion on the matter.

I guess it's possible St Johnstone managed it at one point too (I certainly remember seeing Amy there at least once), but I never heard it.

YuSS! REDEMPTION!

Admittedly i read this seconds after my post saying I thought it was at Accies... oops.

1 hour ago, yoda said:

The Jailend whispers on Saturday suggested that Naismith was injured against Accies and was been given plenty of time to get fully fit. He should come straight back in but I’m not sure who drops out? Unlike a few, I’m a big fan of Routis at CB, his distribution is useful, and Melbourne at least has a left foot. Process of elimination says Fraser but he’s been good at RWB by all accounts. And what about Davies? He’s still useful at this moment in time.

Quite like Tansey to at least be in the squad. Kait too (I’d maybe have him ahead of Gardyne). 

Must admit Yoda, Routis has been very good on the right side of a back three, I've been quick to slate him before but credit where credit is due. 

In fact the whole 3142 with Draper being the 1 in front of the defence has worked really well for us recently, I'd like us to stick with it a bit more.

There were a few rumours about offers coming in for Naismith at the last game, it's inevitable really as he's clearly a good player but as with all Vicky park rumours it's probably shite.

15 hours ago, yoda said:

12 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

I stand corrected :smartass

I’m also a fan of Routis as a third centre back. He’s having far fewer brainfarts these days. 

I guess Melbourne would be the most vulnerable to being replaced for Naismith to come in. It would be tough on Melbourne, Fraser, Routis, or indeed Souttar or Fontaine to give up a place for Naismith - and I think unjustified. 

As for Davies, I'm happy for him to take a back seat meantime.

19 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

I guess Melbourne would be the most vulnerable to being replaced for Naismith to come in. It would be tough on Melbourne, Fraser, Routis, or indeed Souttar or Fontaine to give up a place for Naismith - and I think unjustified. 

As for Davies, I'm happy for him to take a back seat meantime.

Was talking about this with my mate on Saturday - we both thought why change what’s clearly working... obviously Naismith is probably our best player but the defence in the last few games has look the best it has all season - it’s also a reminder that aslong as we keep Fraser for RB next season then Naismith leaving isn’t that much of a disaster....