The General Ross County Chat Thread

The celebrations following that goal saw Jimmy Scott of all people trying to control the County fans, pulling them back into the County section of the stand.

But he certainly enjoyed the goal too.

Talking about Jimmy Scott, I seen him at the Hamilton game the other week, when we got the trophy.

He was just sat in with the other fans, not a players section or anything, so I guess he just fancied taking in a game.

The celebrations following that goal saw Jimmy Scott of all people trying to control the County fans, pulling them back into the County section of the stand.

But he certainly enjoyed the goal too.

Talking about Jimmy Scott, I seen him at the Hamilton game the other week, when we got the trophy.

He was just sat in with the other fans, not a players section or anything, so I guess he just fancied taking in a game.

As I said on OTB, I'll be very surprised if he isn't a County player next year.

Update on the ground:

Foundations for the East Stand extension are being poured tomorrow. Steelwork on the Jubilee Stand going well by all accounts. Hopefully make it through myself tomorrow for a wander round.

Update on the ground:

Foundations for the East Stand extension are being poured tomorrow. Steelwork on the Jubilee Stand going well by all accounts. Hopefully make it through myself tomorrow for a wander round.

I was up yesterday. It's amazing how quick everything has went so far.

I couldn't see if they have started on the east stand.

I was up yesterday. It's amazing how quick everything has went so far.

I couldn't see if they have started on the east stand.

The concrete and steelwork are all relatively quick procedures. I would imagine the installation of the seats and adjustments to the concrete step staggers will be a much slower looking process.

Not mentioned on here yet, but it has been mentioned on OTB that Corcoran and Malin have signed new deals. That's the squad now looking like:

Goalkeepers

Joe Malin

Defenders

Grand Munro

Midfielders

Russel Duncan

Mark Fitzpatrick

Rocco Quinn

Mark Corcoran

Forwards

Colin McMenamin

Sam Morrow

Plus the three u21s that were out on loan signed extensions: Alex Cooper, Archie McPhee and Steven Ross

Edited by Spain

2 new contracts at County:

BBC Click

Malin and Corcoran. Surprised Corcoran has been kept on, he wasn't good enough for the SPL when he was with us so I'd be shocked if he was now. Also surprised they are not looking to recruit a more experienced back up goalkeeper, 3 games in 3 years? You'll be hoping Fraser doesn't do a Gallacher and pick up a pre Christmas season ender.

2 new contracts at County:

BBC Click

Malin and Corcoran. Surprised Corcoran has been kept on, he wasn't good enough for the SPL when he was with us so I'd be shocked if he was now. Also surprised they are not looking to recruit a more experienced back up goalkeeper, 3 games in 3 years? You'll be hoping Fraser doesn't do a Gallacher and pick up a pre Christmas season ender.

yea obviously we hope that, but, i dont think it would be the worst thing in the world. From the little of Malin i've seen, he's alright, a little disappointed he's never had a run out

Pretty bemused at this tbh, both are nowhere near good enough for the SPL. Would rather Alex Cooper or Archie Mcphee got more game time than an ageing Corcoran, who cant cross or take on a man to save himself. Definately need another keeper to provide competition for Fraser, as Joe Malin is a dreadful goalkeeper. Same for Steven Craig, not good enough for the SPL.

In Del I trust though :rolleyes:

Edited by Staggie_93

Harsh on Corcoran, surely? I know he didn't play a great deal as we've a very capable midfield quartet this year, but I thought he played very well in the games at St Mirren and Raith Rovers before returning to the bench when the first choice lot were available again. He's no doubt aware he'll feature no more than he has this season.

That said, I didn't think he would be with us next season either.

A bit harsh on Joe Malin too i feel.

He's not had the chance to play simply because over the last few years we've had very good experienced keepers who have been in before him.

And in the games I have seen him play he's not exactly done an awful lot wrong. And to be honest his kicking / distribution I think is far better than what both Fraser's and McGovern's was.

Corcoran is a decent player when he's fit. But is suspect he'll be more of a squad player than a regular starting eleven player - such as he was this season

1336680951[/url]' post='6222289']

Not mentioned on here yet, but it has been mentioned on OTB that Corcoran and Malin have signed new deals. That's the squad now looking like:

Goalkeepers

Joe Malin

Defenders

Grand Munro

Midfielders

Russel Duncan

Mark Fitzpatrick

Rocco Quinn

Mark Corcoran

Forwards

Colin McMenamin

Sam Morrow

Plus the three u21s that were out on loan signed extensions: Alex Cooper, Archie McPhee and Steven Ross

[/qu

WHere have the likes of miller and Boyd gone? HaVe Lawson and kettle well no signed new deals?

Oh dear, this is how it started for Dunfermline, that didn't end well. :rolleyes:

Corcoran will make up the numbers. He doesn't start at First Division level, he won't start at SPL level.