The General Ross County Chat Thread

19 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Don Cowie eh

Valuable draw; and more positive to come back from 3 - 1 down, than to be in Ayr's position of throwing away a comfortable lead.

Still looking for County to find another gear though, and show the quality more consistently. Are we so utterly dependent on Vigurs, Fontaine & Midge? 

Great result to come back from 3-1 down with Madden doing his best to ruin everything.

All I want is for County to show the level of football they can play at more often as when we show it we are great to watch.

So, halfway through the league campaign, top of the league at Christmas, 5 games unbeaten, it's been a pretty good season so far 

Considering the injuries that we've had to contend with, I'm delighted with how Ketts and Fergie are doing with the team. Will be interesting to see what signings are made in January.

Mullin POTY so far by a mile. If we can keep him beyond this season (or even January), I'll be delighted.  Youth players breaking through, games getting won even when the team aren't playing well. It's pretty good to be a County fan right now. 

Now, let's end the year on a high, win the derby with a Vigurs/McKay/Cowie hat trick.

2 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

So, halfway through the league campaign, top of the league at Christmas, 5 games unbeaten, it's been a pretty good season so far 

Considering the injuries that we've had to contend with, I'm delighted with how Ketts and Fergie are doing with the team. Will be interesting to see what signings are made in January.

Mullin POTY so far by a mile. If we can keep him beyond this season (or even January), I'll be delighted.  Youth players breaking through, games getting won even when the team aren't playing well. It's pretty good to be a County fan right now. 

Now, let's end the year on a high, win the derby with a Vigurs/McKay/Cowie hat trick.

I'd have Mullin as my POTY so far, by Stelios is slowly creeping up the ranks. Another good performance from him today. I think we're one central midfielder short *cough* Harry Paton *cough* but despite rarely hitting top gear much we're well placed. Can't complain too much at all.

6 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Did he forget his key?

Now you've got me trying to remember which player it was who came back from a night out to realise he'd lost his key, so smashed his window to climb in, only for it to turn out he was so pished he smashed in his neighbours window instead. I can't even remember if it was during our Premiership years or if it happened before that, but I'm sure someone here will know.

58 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

He was looking a lot leaner when I seen him on Saturday. There must be a decent fitness regime + a lack of cheeky Nandos in the Belgian lower leagues.

As long as he still tackles shots into the goal, I'm happy .

I don't think we've played badly, but I think at times we're a very utilitarian side- a bit reminiscent of old St. Johnstone teams who'd come up the A9 and repeatedly do us 1-0 without ever playing great football while we huffed and puffed and caused them very little bother. We're winning games but there seems to be a focus issue after we score, as heads go and we're usually on the back foot (ayr at home, queens at home for two instances).

I can't complain  too much at the minute and I'm very happy with the output of Watson, Grivosti, Lindsay, Stelios, Mullin and Mckay but I feel we need more from DKD, Cowie and Fraser who all all seem to be playing within themselves. Short of confidence in DKD's case?

With Vigurs and Midge back too 100% in the new year (hopefully) the football should improve as they're our two most creative players, Mullin aside.

Edited by Comrie