The General Ross County Chat Thread

O'Brien is as capable of a wee bit of magic (a body swerve and turn that totally fooled 3 hearts players at Tynecastle being one) but is just as likely to throw himself head first into a tackle and completely miss. On his day he'd do a job in the top flight but needs help in midfield from more workmanlike players.

Jim O'Brien tries to tackle, but just falls over in a heap somewhere not close to the person he's tackling. Woods prefers dirty kicks once a player has beaten him as he can't be arsed running back to defend.

Edited by Comrie

Just now, Comrie said:

Jim O'Brien tries to tackle, but just falls over in a heap somewhere not close to the person he's tackling. Woods prefers dirty kicks once a player has beaten him as he can't be arsed running back to defend.

Woods pretty much done exactly that Saturday past. Matty Kennedy consistently just ran past him without a single tackle being put in, then randomly when Kennedy was standing still with the ball Woods just swung a foot and caught him on the knees. 

Baffling. 

He also let his man just walk away from him at a corner for the second.

I've no idea why he's still in the top flight.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Woods pretty much done exactly that Saturday past. Matty Kennedy consistently just ran past him without a single tackle being put in, then randomly when Kennedy was standing still with the ball Woods just swung a foot and caught him on the knees. 

Baffling. 

He also let his man just walk away from him at a corner for the second.

I've no idea why he's still in the top flight.

Oh boy that sounds familiar. Did any of his set pieces beat the first man to complete the bingo?

Just now, Comrie said:

Oh boy that sounds familiar. Did any of his set pieces beat the first man to complete the bingo?

I can't remember tbh, none caused in any danger though 

I'd love to see Paton get a chance in the first team, he could be that little spark we've been missing at times. He may not be, but what's the harm in giving him a shot?

Stenny fan on here reckons Paton wants to come back to fight for his place. Would be chuffed to see him back and get his chance, what with all these injuries he should get one. Liked the look of him before he went out on loan.

I thought that might be the case, seeing as he’s only on a one year deal, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he went straight back out on loan after signing an extension.

Rumour on one of our forums that we are after Fraser, with the potential of Cammy Kerr in return. Think it's likely to be made up bullshit tbh, but on the off chance it's not, he any good?

County will be in the market for a LB, Kelly is rumoured to be out long-term and Stelios will probably be out 4-6 weeks.  Marshall kept Mullin quiet in the 0-0 at Palmerston without being outstanding.  Marshall has above-average pace for a full-back at this level but he's relatively small for a full-back these days.  Gary Naysmith's full-backs barely cross the half-way line so I have no idea whether or not he is good going forward.

Fraser's not close to his best form at the moment.  It won't be a shock if he needs to take time out to deal with the previous injury again, but we are so short at full-back at the moment.

Edited by bunglebonce

County will be in the market for a LB, Kelly is rumoured to be out long-term and Stelios will probably be out 4-6 weeks.  Marshall kept Mullin quiet in the 0-0 at Palmerston without being outstanding.  Marshall has above-average pace for a full-back at this level but he's relatively small for a full-back these days.  Gary Naysmith's full-backs barely cross the half-way line so I have no idea whether or not he is good going forward.
Fraser's not close to his best form at the moment.  It won't be a shock if he needs to take time out to deal with the previous injury again, but we are so short at full-back at the moment.
He's better going forward than what he is defenceively that's his game he likes getting forward high energy an always gives his all for the cause.

Fraser's really been playing well within himself since returning. Doubtful he's 100% as there's a hesitancy to him this season I don't remember.