The General Ross County Chat Thread

57 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

Connor Sammon signing for your mob in Jan. From an impeccable source. Should do a good job at this level. 

I'm unsure if we can offer him a rustic, vegan pizza to seal the deal. Will a haggis pie do?

Connor Sammon signing for your mob in Jan. From an impeccable source. Should do a good job at this level. 

We’ve already got 4 decent strikers while only ever playing 1 up top. 3 fully fit. Can’t see it happening but I’ve seen weirder transfers to County...

Saying that though I’d class Van Der Weg returning an odd bit of January business too. If Kelly’s out for a while then Kenny will be a good back up especially at this level. Stelios well deserving of a starting spot still though

We’ve already got 4 decent strikers while only ever playing 1 up top. 3 fully fit. Can’t see it happening but I’ve seen weirder transfers to County...

Saying that though I’d class Van Der Weg returning an odd bit of January business too. If Kelly’s out for a while then Kenny will be a good back up especially at this level. Stelios well deserving of a starting spot still though

I’m not sure County have the most competent medical cal staff. Graham has been out for months, Vigurs, Kelly, Morris and Fontaine too. Gardyne was out for months as well. The team is a centre back short, a left back short and a winger short as well. KDW covers two of those positions. Sammon does not.

7 hours ago, Comrie said:

Surely Sammon is basically just a more experienced Stewart? Do we need two faster than you'd think strikers over six feet tall?

And Brian Graham could be described similarly. Samson possibly physically stronger? But  I think we have enough in that department. 

59 minutes ago, peternapper said:

In the paper down here that Ryan Dow is meant to be returning to yourselves in January is he likely to get games for County now or just pick up his wage, showed a bit of class for us at times but only at times. 

He's got a bit of creativity to him, which we've lacked at times but I get the impression the gaffers don't fancy him as much as JMac's daughter did.

I thought Grivosti did his best at LB but struggled, he's not quick enough to play that role. If Stelios is out for a while we will need Big Kenny to hit the ground running and fast if we've still got Kelly out as well.

2 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Was decent when he came in on loan, was nothing more than a passenger last season!

Is he a winger, wing-back or CM? I know he's played in quite a few positions the last few seasons. Good cross? A battler?

Note that I'm ignoring that you said he was a passenger, purely because he can't be worse than what we have. Martin Woods is our hardest battling midfielder at the moment.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is he a winger, wing-back or CM? I know he's played in quite a few positions the last few seasons. Good cross? A battler?

Note that I'm ignoring that you said he was a passenger, purely because he can't be worse than what we have. Martin Woods is our hardest battling midfielder at the moment.

Played mostly CM for us, he will put more of a foot in than woods does, however will pull it of as many challenges too. In the first season we had him he was decent all round, could pick out a pass and that but tbf it would be difficult to judge any player with Owen Coyle incharge!

Aye he initially came in as a winger, but moved to centre midfield and was a lot more effective. Gave us a bit of dig, and technical ability was decent. Did absolutely f**k all in his second spell though and wasn’t sad to see him leave. McIntyre might get the best out of him though.

Edited by Staggie_93