The General Ross County Chat Thread

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-one/derek-adams-and-ross-county-land-awards-treble-1-2313990?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Derek Adams and Ross County land awards treble

Published on Thursday 24 May 2012 02:26

Ross County manager Derek Adams cut short his summer holiday in Portugal’s Algarve to attend last night’s IRN-BRU end-of-season awards dinner in Glasgow and was rewarded by picking up three honours.

Adams flew into Glasgow only yesterday afternoon and, in the evening, it was announced that he was the unanimous choice of the football media who voted him as the First Division Manager of the Season.

County’s 34-game unbeaten run in the First Division saw off the high-profile cup journeys of Falkirk and Ayr United (who both reached the semi-finals of the Scottish Communities League Cup before losing to Celtic and Kilmarnock respectively) to lift the Phenomenal Achievement of the Season. Adams’ Victoria Park squad were also named as the sponsor’s Team of the Season to complete a hat-trick for the Dingwall manager.

Striker Colin McMenamin came out on top in a vote with Partick Thistle’s Paul Cairney and Farid El Alagui of Falkirk to be named as the First Division Player of the Season, to complete a fantastic night for County.

Adams said: “I decided to come home early as I thought we would be in with a good chance of winning one of the Team Awards. To pick up three altogether and for Colin to win the top player honour has made it a fantastic night for Ross County.”

George Adams

Ex-player was head of youth development between 2003-2005. Now director of football at Ross County.

£30,000

EBTs

What? huh.gif

Can you fill in the blanks there please super big man?

Got a Celtic supporting mate who texted me hinting at this last night too, so I'm curious about the alleged details, and what it has to do with us.

It's a copy & paste from the beeb, dd.

Aaahhh... I'd been wondering about this. Thought that the coaches etc must surely have known of the scam. Hopefully he feels so guilt-ridden by his involvement he'll vote against a Newco, in a bid to purge himself. Would be much better than the alternative of doing a Harvey Keitel and burning himself with candles whenever he pops in to church.

Edited by dingdong1929

Basically George Adams received £30,000 from an EBT set up from Rangers FC. The BBC could find no evidence that this was used as a salary payment. So essentially George Adams received a loan.

The field between the car park and the bridge.

It's always been a problem that they couldn't buy it because it was under one of these silly old laws that made it designated "common grazing", meaning you, I or even Engelbert Humperdinck could put a horse or a cow in there without fear of reprisals. So as I said, I have no idea what's changed there now other than the fact they're renting it instead of buying it.

The field belongs to the auction mart(wait for Sophie to appear) who have agreed to a let it to the club

Hiya diddies :D

So tell me have all those Rankgers and Smelltic shirts I used to see wandering around Dingwall and the Muir metamorphosed into Staggie shirts?

Oi, you lot are meant to be our pals around these parts! :angry:

Just remember, we have glady bent over and taken it up the hoop from Dundee Utd in just about every cup competition over the past few years. Now you lot have to donate at least 9 points to us in our quest to send Hibs down. :)

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell