The General Ross County Chat Thread

Let's cut the bullshit.

What are the pies like?

I'm yet to experience a Killie Pie, so can't offer a comparison, but our pies are pretty damn good. Better than any of the guff in any of the rest of the grounds I've been to (including Hampden Pies).

A reliable source has informed me that St Mirren supporters will vent most of their venom towards a certain Ross County player next season. This particular man is not a Ross County player yet, however

Expect a big announcement from Dingwall tomorrow.

One things fer sure, Butcher will come out very badly because of this.

A reliable source has informed me that St Mirren supporters will vent most of their venom towards a certain Ross County player next season. This particular man is not a Ross County player yet, however

Well that vague hints are fantastic. Thanks for that. I'll ring the papers so that they can run with it tomorrow.

Heard the same thing today although all from ICT fans. Nothing from any Coutny sources I know.

Awful news. I think I'm going to be sick.

There will be no announcement about this one tomorrow, as a certain Mr Tokely is currently on holiday!

And anyway, my sources say e is heading further East than Dingwall..

I am dubious about these rumours, smells like the usual Heathmount shite. Isn't Tokely's problem with ICT that they are only offering him a one year deal?

It appears that he wants confirmation that he'll be the first name on the ICT team sheet next season. Butcher, on the other hand, doesn't want to make such a commitment. I've also heard Heathmount rumours that a couple of Ross County players don't get on particularly well with him.

It appears that he wants confirmation that he'll be the first name on the ICT team sheet next season. Butcher, on the other hand, doesn't want to make such a commitment. I've also heard Heathmount rumours that a couple of Ross County players don't get on particularly well with him.

Silly season is right, The last player in the SPL who would sign for us in my opinion.

His feelings for County is the same as our feeling for him. Thought he was off to Peterhead.

Are all your posts of this calibre? Yes... it would appear they are.

Let's put it this way, you are a liar.

Has Diadorra been confirmed as Shirt manufacturer yet? They have some crackers and some shockers over the years

Not officially, but I know for definite that it is. And our new sponsor is Stanley.

It is still very early days yet, but it's surprising how little activity there has been in transfer dealings. In the past, Adams has tried to get business tied up quite quickly. He had made 7 signings by this time last year, for example.

So, who have we got? Assuming a 4-4-2

Fraser

New RB Boyd Munro Fizzy

Brittain Kettlewell Lawson Cooper/Quinn?

Morrow McMenamin

That would be a bad team to watch, IMO. Vigurs coming off the flank and Gardyne's intricacies around the box make all the difference. There's little pace in that team. I'm not sure about Morrow in the SPL: he bullied lower-table SFL1 defences, but looked out of his depth against St Mirren in Dingwall (a lack of match practise being a mitigating factor).

Lawson signing on again was great news, on a number of levels. 1) He has such a strong partnership with Kettlewell; 2) He collects from defenders (imagine Boyd and Munro left on their own to punt all day); 3) he's one of the now few sources of creativity; and 4) he gets the full-backs involved, which is so important to breaking a team down, especially at home.

My wish-list:

• Vigurs re-signing
  • A bloody good right-back
  • A pacy alternative at left-back
  • A creative second forward

But wait, you've forgotten Craig and Corcoran!!

and Byrne.

At the moment its poor compared to our first 11 last season. Gardyne, Vigurs and Miller were 3 of our best attacking options.

Also with Flynn gone we have no CB cover.

Plenty time though?

If you rely on that strikeforce then you're doomed before a ball is even kicked.

Did Sam Morrow really bully First Division defences? I don't think I ever saw him and I can only recall him scoring one goal.