The General Ross County Chat Thread

Fuckin hell, the last couple of pages are tragic...

Glad the stadium redevelopment is still continuing apace, still hurts having to pay all that money for rules I find unnecessary, but we're not the only club to suffer that.

If the squad could be built as quickly I'd be a bit more comfortable!

That looks more than a bit shit. The view from behind the goals is going to be terrible.

The steps you see are actually on half of what will be there. That was the existing steps from the terrace, the steps will extend up and backwards the back wall of the stand.

Barrowman back for a 3rd spell? :unsure:

No thanks he has been found out at SPL level twice now. Wasn't his biggest fan towards the end of his second spell anyway.

No thanks he has been found out at SPL level twice now. Wasn't his biggest fan towards the end of his second spell anyway.

I agree he's probably not SPL standard but how could you not have been his biggest fan in his 2nd spell with us? He was easily our best striker and performer in what was a horrible season last year.

I agree he's probably not SPL standard but how could you not have been his biggest fan in his 2nd spell with us? He was easily our best striker and performer in what was a horrible season last year.

Towards the end of his second spell is what I said. Hate the idea of him coming back tbh ditched us twice now both times failing miserably.

While we may have suffered in other departments too it was largely our inability going forward which put us in that position. Would never fault the guy for graft.

Towards the end of his second spell is what I said. Hate the idea of him coming back tbh ditched us twice now both times failing miserably.

This.

I agree he had a decent second spell, but on paper how many goals did he get? About 4-5 I think it was in around half a season, at first division level.

What do you think.

Struggled in the SPL with both Caley and Dunfermline, but he has always been a bit of a hit at County in both spells under Derek Adams - could it work ?

Honking idea. Been found out at this level twice now. He was prolific in the Second Division & competent in the First but 5 goals in 48 SPL appearances? .

What do you think.

Struggled in the SPL with both Caley and Dunfermline, but he has always been a bit of a hit at County in both spells under Derek Adams - could it work ?

I agree that he was one of our best performers in our seasonis horibilis, but that he has yet to prove himself at the lofty heights of the SPL.

I reckon Del will do the best he can with the limited spending power of his budget and the evil tentacles of Father George, that have quarried out the odd gem from the dirt before.

If he goes for the Barrowlad then I'll assume it was a decent decision based on faith in getting more out of him than ICT or Dunfermline did - and affordability.

And consequently I will not go on about how sh*te he is until I've seen him being consistently sh*te for a while this coming season.

boldblue.gifboldred.gif Go Del.

Can't mind which paper I saw it in, but we're well ahead of schedule (this part I knew anyway) and are hopefull of having all the works done before the end of the month meeting with the SPL. Program-wise we were only supposed to be at "practical completion" stage by the time the SPL delegation came to visit. Can't wait to see the seats etc. going in.

Can't mind which paper I saw it in, but we're well ahead of schedule (this part I knew anyway) and are hopefull of having all the works done before the end of the month meeting with the SPL. Program-wise we were only supposed to be at "practical completion" stage by the time the SPL delegation came to visit. Can't wait to see the seats etc. going in.

Seats arriving this week I believe.

Also hearing they hope to give the grass it's first cut early next week.

Seats arriving this week I believe.

Also hearing they hope to give the grass it's first cut early next week.

I believe so. Not sure how much more needs to be done to Jubilee stand at the moment before the seats go on as there hasn't been as many pictures coming through the last wee while. I hope someone takes advantage of Ranalds open invitation and gets a good swatch about with a camera.