The General Ross County Chat Thread

Did you ever manage to find the suitable baboon for yer brain transplant ? I am cherished, lauded and adored on CaleyThistleOnline.

Oddquine and Dougal may disagree! :lol:

Are the stands behind the goals just the terracing with seats bolted on?

As Said the Jailend more or less is, but the North Stand and the East Stand extension is as the bottom, but these are both being extended back and up to be the same height as the East Stand (Stand opposite the Main Stand)

We should have a better idea of the seating this week, as they are starting to install it this week

Here is a more serious question gudgies ?

I know from previous experience that the quality of grass can be varied in Ross-shire. Will the playing surface be ready in such a short space of time and will it not be prone to cutting up quickly given the weather and been trodded on regularly by carthorses like Munro and Tokely ? Or have you discovered a secret manure from the farmlands ?

The other issue has to be the drainage system - is the stadium not in a similar perilous site as the Dump ? Tommy Cumming, The Dumpmaster has always complained that the grass can not be spiked and looked after to the same degree when there is undersoil heating in place. Or are you going to get the likes of Kingkong and forkboy talking hot air to the surface prior to games ?

Irrespective of the undersoil issue there is the added danger of road conditions - would I be wrong in stating that there is even more treachery after the Kessock Bridge ?

Here is a more serious question gudgies ?

I know from previous experience that the quality of grass can be varied in Ross-shire. Will the playing surface be ready in such a short space of time and will it not be prone to cutting up quickly given the weather and been trodded on regularly by carthorses like Munro and Tokely ? Or have you discovered a secret manure from the farmlands ?

The other issue has to be the drainage system - is the stadium not in a similar perilous site as the Dump ? Tommy Cumming, The Dumpmaster has always complained that the grass can not be spiked and looked after to the same degree when there is undersoil heating in place. Or are you going to get the likes of Kingkong and forkboy talking hot air to the surface prior to games ?

Irrespective of the undersoil issue there is the added danger of road conditions - would I be wrong in stating that there is even more treachery after the Kessock Bridge ?

Our drainage has real problems because the ground is so low-lying and the surrounding soil is clay and relatively impermeable. So aye, the effects of ush will be interesting...

But the pitch is laid and due to be cut this week/next? That side of things looks grand. It's just trying to get water off our lovely pitch once it pishes it down.

Roads are fine after the Kessock, drive as fast as you like ph34r.gif

Edited by dingdong1929

Our drainage has real problems because the ground is so low-lying and the surrounding soil is clay and relatively impermeable. So aye, the effects of ush will be interesting...

But the pitch is laid and due to be cut this week/next? That side of things looks grand. It's just trying to get water off our lovely pitch once it pishes it down.

Roads are fine after the Kessock, drive as fast as you like ph34r.gif

In fairness, as well as a new top surface to the pitch, the club also put in a lot of new drainage, so hopefully we won't be affected as much by flooded pitches as we have been in the last few years.

Anyone been into the ground in the last couple of days? Our beloved leader, Uncle Roy, seemed to suggest that they had already started fitting seats to the Jailend.

apparently we've offered a loan deal for Martin Scott. He's keen to come back and wants to leave Hibs for good. (Daily Star)

ETA: " Ross county have also offered Derek Riordan training facilities until the end of pre season and are believed to be in talks with him."

I really hope this is a load of cack...it did come from the FB page so chances are high

Edited by The Rebel Piper

Didn't realise that, very pleased with that news :)

I believe our "drainage improvements" consisted of removing the soil the pitch was layed on, and replacing it with silica sand, then only a small layer of topsoil on top.