The General Ross County Chat Thread

4 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Well well well. WHAT a signing that is.

You have to laugh at the h*ns on that tweet claiming the moral high ground about what was allegedly said yesterday. Every second word out of their mouths is something sectarian FFS. 

Then you get the ones tagging employers etc. Utter, utter c***s. 

Thats a really good signing for us.  We are not far away from having a good defence.  Reid, Iacovetti and Naismith is a good core.  The other centre half could be anyone.  Donaldson is reasonably strong but just has too many mistakes at this level.  Still only 25 so has plenty of time to improve.  Kinda fear championship is his level though.

Why was the Celtic kick off changed?  I'm sure as its at Parkhead it won't be on the telly.

7 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

You have to laugh at the h*ns on that tweet claiming the moral high ground about what was allegedly said yesterday. Every second word out of their mouths is something sectarian FFS. 

Then you get the ones tagging employers etc. Utter, utter c***s. 

The sanctimony from bams who sing about the blood of a particular religion etc. etc. is outstanding.   Always offended, never ashamed.  

Been pulled out of the hat for the game vs Accies- first game I'll have been to since the 1-0 home defeat to Rangers in March. Feels like an absolute eternity ago.

It's also a fixture I rarely ever seem to see- always got something happening whenever we play Accies.

10 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Been pulled out of the hat for the game vs Accies- first game I'll have been to since the 1-0 home defeat to Rangers in March. Feels like an absolute eternity ago.

It's also a fixture I rarely ever seem to see- always got something happening whenever we play Accies.

Well in mate , big game in the grand scheme of things

On 08/10/2020 at 09:40, Loki said:

Ross Stewart and Billy McKay will get us enough goals to stay up.

2 months and seven league games on, I'm genuinely interested to know if at this point you still stand by this? There's still obviously time - and the unanswerable question of how many goals would actually be required to keep us up! - but neither have scored in the league in this time (we've only scored 3 goals in total in the seven games). I'm not in a position to say how many goal scoring chances they've had. Billy's obviously not played so many minutes, and Shaw started scoring before getting crocked.

Is the rest of the team just not up to it?

Is it the management's fault?

Things are looking pretty dire.

Current bottom six teams' form over their last 15 games respectively:

Livi             18pts

Killie            17pts

St J              16pts

St Mirren   12 pts

Hamilton    14pts

County          7pts

Naturally some anomalies in there with Covid punishments / bonuses / however you want to look at them, but the way things are going we are finishing WAY behind everyone if there isn't a shake-up of some kind.

Genuine question, how do you guys feel about Hamilton and Motherwell getting points from the cancelled games?
They would still have games in hand but it would have Hamilton bottom of the league and a poor Motherwell side on 15 points, from a St Mirren point of view I get the reason to punish us, just seems RC got the shaft as well.

1 hour ago, The Great Stagsby said:

2 months and seven league games on, I'm genuinely interested to know if at this point you still stand by this? There's still obviously time - and the unanswerable question of how many goals would actually be required to keep us up! - but neither have scored in the league in this time (we've only scored 3 goals in total in the seven games). I'm not in a position to say how many goal scoring chances they've had. Billy's obviously not played so many minutes, and Shaw started scoring before getting crocked.

Is the rest of the team just not up to it?

Is it the management's fault?

Things are looking pretty dire.

Yes.  If they keep getting chances they will score goals.  Our expected goals from chances created is far higher than the goals we have actually scored.

Giving away eight penalties and conceding soft goals is more detrimental to our cause currently.

53 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Current bottom six teams' form over their last 15 games respectively:

Livi             18pts

Killie            17pts

St J              16pts

St Mirren   12 pts

Hamilton    14pts

County          7pts

Naturally some anomalies in there with Covid punishments / bonuses / however you want to look at them, but the way things are going we are finishing WAY behind everyone if there isn't a shake-up of some kind.

If we arbitrarily choose 17 matches instead of 15 it changes the picture.  3 of that Hamilton points might even be taken away.

Remove Donaldson and Laidlaw from the team, add in a fit Naismith and we will do better.  

16 minutes ago, Loki said:

Yes.  

Fair enough.

16 minutes ago, Loki said:

If we arbitrarily choose 17 matches instead of 15...

...then we’re still bottom of the league, having played a game more than some of the teams directly above us, conceding  1.9 and scoring 0.6 goals per game and having picked up just 7 points from our last 15.

ETA As previously though, I hope you’re right!

Edited by The Great Stagsby

Hamilton are worse than us and will finish below us.  They concede at a higher rate than us, and they don't even give away as many penalties as us.  They have also been donated a 3-0 win that takes them off bottom and helps their goal difference.  The fairness of awarding default wins is another story.

Even if a new manager came in what would change?  He can't take any new players in.  Do we have money to sack Kettlewell?  Who could we get to replace him?  Would that cost money?

If there's no real change by mid Jan then you have a decision to make.

Even if a new manager came in what would change?  He can't take any new players in.  Do we have money to sack Kettlewell?  Who could we get to replace him?  Would that cost money?

1. The jobs for the boys mentality.
2. He could, considering we’re almost in January and by the time the recruitment process occurs New Year would probably be upon us.
3. Yes.
4. Gary Holt, John Hughes, Tommy Wright (unlikely im aware but he’s available) with some amount of persuasion to name but 3.
5. Likely, but to survive in this league we’re going to have to spend.

I cannot see Kettlewell being sacked this week because we are never expected to go to Aberdeen and win. I actually didn’t think we played too bad today; but the continuous praise for Ross Stewart has to stop because it is so blind it’s not true. Guy misses at least one golden opportunity per game which is simply not feasible when you’re sitting in this position.