The General Ross County Chat Thread

Well that’s a shocker to me was fully expecting him to remain in charge , I would think the club didn’t fancy him rather than him not wanting to stay as I can’t see him getting another top flight job just now at least , as above wouldn’t surprise me if he’s away back to Falkirk , I hope county know who they want and get them in asap as we have a raft of players we need to make decisions on , have nothing against don cowie but now is not the time to go down that route of internal promotion again we need a manager who’s been there and done it , I really wouldn’t mind adams back to be honest he’s done very well since he left us

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

He kept that shower of shite up, at the cost of eye-bleeding long ball football.  I have no idea if that’s an achievement or not. 

As bad as the squad was imo, with the addition of Naismith and a replacement for Reid in January, it was comfortably better than Hamilton's so avoiding relegation was a must, 10th place and avoiding the playoffs was a bonus.

5 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Can it be noted that if Craigan get's the job we will finish with the lowest points total in Scottish Premiership history.

I did not say he was my choice, merely that ticks Uncle Roy’s only box. 

We aren't usually a club that hangs about with the hiring decision which is handy considering we have 7 players on our books for next year and I would imagine the rest are out of contract as of the end of the week. We need a good appointment quickly. I have all the fear 

43 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Is this if he dosnt get promoted with Morecambe?

Nah, the story in the press was that he'd agreed to take the job regardless of whether they get promoted or not.

Alan Nixon was running with that line around the time Bradford binned their manager.

IIRC Bradford had said that they weren't inviting applications for the job which suggested they already had someone lined up to come in.

1 minute ago, frankthetank22 said:

Stuart Petrie has surely been approached, with regards to this position. Without a shadow of doubt one of the best performing managers in Scottish football, these last few years.

I'm sure I read on here he wants to stay part time because he's got a really well paid job outside of football?

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

I'm sure I read on here he wants to stay part time because he's got a really well paid job outside of football?

Yeah I've heard that said too, but surely he's been approached to test this out. I mean, how many opportunities to manage a top division team is Petrie likely to get?

He's got a good strong County connection within his coaching staff at Montrose. Tony Bullock back up north for the bants too🤗

27 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Can it be noted that if Craigan get's the job we will finish with the lowest points total in Scottish Premiership history.

Not that I'm advocating him for the job but he was a very, very good manager for our u20s.

He's never really given the impression that he has much interest in a full time management gig though.