The General Ross County Chat Thread

The only reason I could see Hughes wanting to leave would be for the Falkirk job as he enjoyed the best spell of his managerial career there and it’s more than likely a safer job than ours due to lower demands

I largely agree with that, if Falkirk were to offer him a long deal say three years, I don’t think there would be much difference in what we are paying as a salary to Yogi now than what Falkirk could offer to entice him.  The three years would be the clincher.

if Yogi isn’t our manager.  I’m pretty sure Roy will roll the Derek Adams dice one more time.

40 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

The only reason I could see Hughes wanting to leave would be for the Falkirk job as he enjoyed the best spell of his managerial career there and it’s more than likely a safer job than ours due to lower demands

You're new here aren't you?

Suffice to say, Falkirk fans have very high expectations of our playing and management staff. We've been somewhat let down in recent seasons (ahem...) so there is mega pressure on our next manager.

Guest Ieuan16
1 hour ago, Loki said:

If Yogi isn’t our manager.  I’m pretty sure Roy will roll the Derek Adams dice one more time.

I look forward to the return of Jordan Slew and Yann Songo'o.

57 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You're new here aren't you?

Suffice to say, Falkirk fans have very high expectations of our playing and management staff. We've been somewhat let down in recent seasons (ahem...) so there is mega pressure on our next manager.

Not new at all, you are 2 divisions below us I maybe should’ve worded it differently but the challenge of keeping county in the premiership against the likes of Rangers , Celtic, Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs is trickier than it should be for falkirk to get promoted against the likes of cove, Peterhead , Montrose and east fife especially considering our fan bases aren’t to different size wise , the original post was not meant as a dig at Falkirk. 

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I largely agree with that, if Falkirk were to offer him a long deal say three years, I don’t think there would be much difference in what we are paying as a salary to Yogi now than what Falkirk could offer to entice him.  The three years would be the clincher.

if Yogi isn’t our manager.  I’m pretty sure Roy will roll the Derek Adams dice one more time.

Adams is supposed to be lined up for the Bradford job no?

17 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Not new at all, you are 2 divisions below us I maybe should’ve worded it differently but the challenge of keeping county in the premiership against the likes of Rangers , Celtic, Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs is trickier than it should be for falkirk to get promoted against the likes of cove, Peterhead , Montrose and east fife especially considering our fan bases aren’t to different size wise , the original post was not meant as a dig at Falkirk

Well it should have been!

41 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Not new at all, you are 2 divisions below us I maybe should’ve worded it differently but the challenge of keeping county in the premiership against the likes of Rangers , Celtic, Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs is trickier than it should be for falkirk to get promoted against the likes of cove, Peterhead , Montrose and east fife especially considering our fan bases aren’t to different size wise , the original post was not meant as a dig at Falkirk. 

I didn't take it as such.

But if you are competing against all those behemoths, then the pressure is off surely!

Our next boss simply HAS to get promoted. That's not negotiable.

15 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I didn't take it as such.

But if you are competing against all those behemoths, then the pressure is off surely!

Our next boss simply HAS to get promoted. That's not negotiable.

As seen with Kettlewell , McIntyre , Adams and Coyle being sacked before , relegation isn’t much of an option for us

Club statement very much reads like Yogi said "Thanks, but no thanks." Imagine he'll be announced in another job next week.

Slightly disappointed he's leaving, but that is mainly down to the fact that I have no confidence in us appointing someone more equipped. Prove me wrong, Roy!

Overall, the John Hughes Experiment has to be seen as a positive one so thanks for the memories, but don't come back too soon.

I have a terrible feeling Don Cowie will be in charge next year and we are just going to continue ruining our memories of ex-players.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s Hughes gone, officially.  90% sure somebody has been offered the job. 

Yeah, seeing the tweets ping up on my phone. Well that's certainly cheered me up on a crappy Monday 😀

Fair play to Hughes, he seems a decent bloke, he had a job to do and he did it. Best of luck to him going forward, now it's onwards and upwards for County hopefully.

Just now, MarkPockets said:

Club statement very much reads like Yogi said "Thanks, but no thanks." Imagine he'll be announced in another job next week.

Slightly disappointed he's leaving, but that is mainly down to the fact that I have no confidence in us appointing someone more equipped. Prove me wrong, Roy!

Overall, the John Hughes Experiment has to be seen as a positive one so thanks for the memories, but don't come back too soon.

I have a terrible feeling Don Cowie will be in charge next year and we are just going to continue ruining our memories of ex-players.

He kept that shower of shite up, at the cost of eye-bleeding long ball football.  I have no idea if that’s an achievement or not. 

Just now, frankthetank22 said:

Yeah, seeing the tweets ping up on my phone. Well that's certainly cheered me up on a crappy Monday 😀

Fair play to Hughes, he seems a decent bloke, he had a job to do and he did it. Best of luck to him going forward, now it's onwards and upwards for County hopefully.

This is my issue completey.  He seems a very decent chap, and that seems quite rare in 2021 (or whatever year this is).