The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Not that I'm advocating him for the job but he was a very, very good manager for our u20s.

He's never really given the impression that he has much interest in a full time management gig though.

A good point tbf. We had a manager that was tremendous with our under 20's. Best in the country in fact, Didn't go so well though.

30 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Stuart Petrie has surely been approached, with regards to this position. Without a shadow of doubt one of the best performing managers in Scottish football, these last few years.

If you were to consider League One, Ian Murray did well with Airdrie with a limited squad.

Then there's Paul Hartley and Alan Archibald but surely, you're not that desperate!  😎

23 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

If you were to consider League One, Ian Murray did well with Airdrie with a limited squad.

Then there's Paul Hartley and Alan Archibald but surely, you're not that desperate!  😎

Na, can't see Murray, Hartley or Archibald been considered as options, Petrie's achievements in the lower league's out strip all of those. Plus being a former player with other former players within his current backroom staff strengthens any loose connection. 

Yogi kept us up when it seemed highly unlikely at one point and he came across as a positive and likeable individual.

Would be amazed if Derek came back as manager.

Edited by silver

A weird juxtaposition of delighted he’s away with the addition of gratitude to him as well🤷‍♂️
Petrie’s a bank manager so understandably would need a decent contract to entice him away but would love him to be the manager.
Either that or[emoji378][emoji378][emoji378]Neil MacCann

Not sure how I feel about this, seems a really likeable guy and it was a minor miracle that he managed to keep this squad in the league. But I absolutely did not fancy him building almost an entire new team from scratch.

Nobody already at the club should be near the job though.

Edited by Staggie_93

7 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Bookies favourite is Neil McCann but it won’t be him. Malky Mackay is next, then Don Cowie.

Malky Mackay would be an excellent appointment imo.

Yup lets hire a racist.

Slightly off topic but I’m surprised to hear the bad reviews for Stephen Kelly from you guys. Thought he’d be a sure fire success for County after doing so well in the Championship.

Yup lets hire a racist.

Going to make a wild assumption and say you’re Scottish. He’s currently employed by the SFA so assuming you’re not happy with that. I’d take a manager who was sexist (not racist, by the way) 7 years ago and has had counselling session since with English Championship winning experience over an Under 20s coach in Cowie.
Slightly off topic but I’m surprised to hear the bad reviews for Stephen Kelly from you guys. Thought he’d be a sure fire success for County after doing so well in the Championship.

Was just so safe unfortunately. Obviously you’d rather he kept the ball than gave it away but in the position he plays you need to try that killer ball and he just didn’t have that pass in him. Rangers fans that think he’s going to come back and get a chance with them will be surprised.

2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Going to make a wild assumption and say you’re Scottish. He’s currently employed by the SFA so assuming you’re not happy with that. I’d take a manager who was sexist (not racist, by the way) 7 years ago and has had counselling session since with English Championship winning experience over an Under 20s coach in Cowie.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvhJ9jKCUAE8gHG?format=png&name=small

6 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Was just so safe unfortunately. Obviously you’d rather he kept the ball than gave it away but in the position he plays you need to try that killer ball and he just didn’t have that pass in him. Rangers fans that think he’s going to come back and get a chance with them will be surprised.

Yes Malky Mackay shouldn't work in top level football again.  I am not happy with his role at the SFA either.  The rest of your post says more about you than I ever could.

Yes Malky Mackay shouldn't work in top level football again.  I am not happy with his role at the SFA either.  The rest of your post says more about you than I ever could.

I believe everybody deserves a second chance though. Racism is disgusting and I am in no way advocating it. Having seen the messages he sent which I hadn’t seen previously I actually completely agree and he doesn’t deserve a chance because they are vile. I was just taking what a mate had said who also hadn’t done his back log on the story. Apologies all.