The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

And now Calum Johnson has been sold to Mansfield.  I'm beginning to come round to @Savage Henry's incompetent manager theory.   

Our best right back. Not even questionable.  Allowed the team to play that flexible 3/4 at the back.  

It was odd that Randall immediately took Johnson's place and he came on as a sub in the Dundee United loss. When a transfer like this happens it is usually personal circumstance that dictates the move, it's not normal for a club to sell a starter one window into his contract. I suspect we'll never know.

Spoiler

Dare I say I give Malky the benefit of the doubt? 

Edited by bunglebonce

26 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

It was odd that Randall immediately took Johnson's place and he came on as a sub in the Dundee United loss. When a transfer like this happens it is usually personal circumstance that dictates the move, it's not normal for a club to sell a starter one window into his contract. I suspect we'll never know.

Reveal hidden contents

Dare I say I give Malky the benefit of the doubt? 

Remember that time we got £100,000  for an obviously hopeless Luckassen?  That was a mighty queer piece of business too.  

3 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I genuinely can’t remember what he was like, to be fair.

“Amazed he’s found a club at your level” when he was very heavily linked with us in the Championship.   And not in a good way.  

Anyhoo, this Hibs reserve has been given number 42 - which tells you where he stands in the pecking order, I suspect.  

Also suggests that there may be more players coming in.  Sims still can’t get a start - you have to think he’ll be on the move in the next week or two as well. 

Still clinging onto hope we will get Lowry but looks unlikely , personally I would put an offer in for either the ayr forward or Simon Murray , we are in need of a striker to play off white, Hiwula deserves more of a chance too he’s been good any time I’ve seen him , centre half and probably a right back also required imho

10 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Still clinging onto hope we will get Lowry but looks unlikely , personally I would put an offer in for either the ayr forward or Simon Murray , we are in need of a striker to play off white, Hiwula deserves more of a chance too he’s been good any time I’ve seen him , centre half and probably a right back also required imho

I’m assuming Sims will be off, so I think a winger might be needed.   A full back/centre half in the mould of Calum Johnston is a must.  As is a striker capable of more than four goals a season.  

edit: needless to say we’ll end up with a 21 year-old bits and pieces midfielder from the under 21s on loan from Coventry, and Cardiff’s fourth choice keeper. 

Edited by Savage Henry