The General Ross County Chat Thread

Can’t see us getting either to be honest. You’d assume Mayo would just stay at Killie given he knows the club, it’s close to home and they’ve probably got the best chance of staying up out of the three IMO. Brophy would be a terrible signing for us I reckon as he doesn’t suit our system whatsoever. 

39 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Can’t see us getting either to be honest. You’d assume Mayo would just stay at Killie given he knows the club, it’s close to home and they’ve probably got the best chance of staying up out of the three IMO. Brophy would be a terrible signing for us I reckon as he doesn’t suit our system whatsoever. 

We have a system?

10 hours ago, Comrie said:

I think White is a focal point for a lot of abuse he doesn't deserve as our midfield is trash but six figures?

I'd drive him there myself.

Indeed.  He’s our best striker and it’s not even close.  That’s a very low bar though. Very low.  Six figures?  That’s borderline criminality by St Johnstone.  

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

The Record is suggesting that County are wanting to sign Lewis Mayo, as are St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. I would think County are third in the race for him but he would be an excellent like-for-like for Callum Johnson.

Malky told the Courier he wasn’t going to replace Johnson.  Sounds like agent talk. 

1 hour ago, Staggie_93 said:

Seen Eamonn Brophy also being mentioned

Another five goal a season striker.  Hard pass, but I could definitely see it. 

31 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I see White’s father is basically retweeting all the speculation, and comments about being closer to home.   It actually looks like St Johnstone are going to do this.  

I like Jordan White. I think he leaves everything on the park and you can’t ask anything more from a footballer. However, he’s not a prolific striker. I always have a chuckle to myself when his father tosses his mere goal contributions about on twitter. Especially when the majority are from his time at Stirling.

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

If St Johnstone spend six figures on White it's almost as bad as us spending six figures on a waning Ross Draper.

At least we had the excuse that Ross Draper absolutely bullied us every time we played against him.  Six figures on Jordan White is borderline criminal negligence.  

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

At least we had the excuse that Ross Draper absolutely bullied us every time we played against him.  Six figures on Jordan White is borderline criminal negligence.  

Not even sure it’s borderline 

22 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

White played well and scored against us in the last meeting i think, which was presumably enough for Chief Inspector Flaherty and Deputy Davidson to identify him as a key target.

We didnt plan on signing anyone this time last week either, mind you.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

White played well and scored against us in the last meeting i think, which was presumably enough for Chief Inspector Flaherty and Deputy Davidson to identify him as a key target.

We didnt plan on signing anyone this time last week either, mind you.

He did indeed.  He is what he is and that game was pretty much textbook Jordan White.  But what he is not, is a £100,000+ player.  

That being said, the penalty given for Celtic just now, plus this, is evidence that the game is beyond fucked.  

5 hours ago, Comrie said:

If St Johnstone spend six figures on White it's almost as bad as us spending six figures on a waning Ross Draper.

And yet more than Christopher Earley was apparently worth.

Edited by sophia

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

So did St Johnstone get taken over by their own Roy McGregor & I just missed it? Spending 6 figures on anyone is eye-opening but spending it on Jordan White is wild.

Rejecting it for White feels even wilder tbh.