The General Ross County Chat Thread

50 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Might do OK in championship but I’m not sure he’s even a footballer..

Yip, be interesting to see how he gets on. 

Raises questions about our scouting though, how we can sign such an obvious dud, who also appears to have an attitude problem.

17 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Raises questions about our scouting though, how we can sign such an obvious dud, who also appears to have an attitude problem.

Was his attitude problem that he didn't get on with your racist manager? 

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Anything to get him away from Revolution.

And 16 year old students.  

Callachan, also on the same video, gets another opportunity to do bugger all. 

Edited by Savage Henry

So you have two players photographed "with 16 year olds". The 24 year old black player is called a pedophile by supporters, has press articles written saying the coach and captains saying they need to smarten up, and sent on loan where he is compared to someone convicted in a civil rape case. The 31 year old white player doesn't have any of that.

Ross County are having a shit season, and Akio is struggling. But it's wild to see the difference in how he's being treated here compared to the other person in the photo

Has to be more to this story, no?

4 minutes ago, shermanator said:

So you have two players photographed "with 16 year olds". The 24 year old black player is called a pedophile by supporters, has press articles written saying the coach and captains saying they need to smarten up, and sent on loan where he is compared to someone convicted in a civil rape case. The 31 year old white player doesn't have any of that.

Ross County are having a shit season, and Akio is struggling. But it's wild to see the difference in how he's being treated here compared to the other person in the photo

There is. 

23 hours ago, shermanator said:

Not really sure of the point you’re trying to make here? FWIW, there was 4 pictured, Loturi and Olaigbe too.

Queen's Park fan I know has confirmed we're in talks with Murray, offered him a longer deal than QP have.

Edited by Comrie

41 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d take a permanent deal, but he’s been tried and failed at this level. 

Where would he play?

Ahead of White? Unlikely.
Ahead of Brophy? Unlikely, but a 2-year deal would have some succession planning there (in a loose sense - White and Murray both turn 31 this year).
Ahead of Alex Samuel and Josh Stones? Probably, but it's a pity for them to be usurped immediately.

With so many centre-forwards, it would suggest the 3-4-1-2 shape is going to be preferred for the rest of the season. Going by Henderson's fourth point in his takeaways column, I don't think it would be a shock to see Olaigbe return to Southampton and perhaps either of Dom Samuel or Jordy Hiwula loaned or released.

Edited by bunglebonce

I’d be absolutely baffled if Simon Murray joins Ross County. He’s only ever really had 2 prolific goalscoring spells - Arbroath about 8 years ago and Queen’s this season. There is also the possibility that we pass them in the leagues this season - I don’t think it’ll happen but you just never know. 

I suppose the thinking is that the scouting team have tried every other dynamic of player. They’ve signed a young attackers on loan that haven’t really worked out, they’ve signed middle aged attackers on permanent deals and they haven’t really worked, and finally they’ve delved into foreign markets (not many times, granted) for attackers and that hasn’t really worked either. I suppose they’ve decided to go for Murray as he is tried and tested in Scottish football, I just generally think the deal stinks of Zak Rudden moving to Dundee last year.

11 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Where would he play?

Ahead of White? Unlikely.
Ahead of Brophy? Unlikely, but a 2-year deal would have some succession planning there (in a loose sense - White and Murray both turn 31 this year).
Ahead of Alex Samuel and Josh Stones? Probably, but it's a pity for them to be usurped immediately.

With so many centre-forwards, it would suggest the 3-4-1-2 shape is going to be preferred for the rest of the season. Going by Henderson's fourth point in his takeaways column, I don't think it would be a shock to see Olaigbe return to Southampton and perhaps either of Dom Samuel or Jordy Hiwula loaned or released.

To me, he’s a worse version of Brophy.  Olaigbe was rather hung out to dry in that article, wasn’t he?   He’s always looked like a rawer version of Edwards - I’m not sure what Mackay was expecting.  

I’m more concerned about Sims, as I’ve said before.  There’s something going on there.  Honestly, the number of Malky’s signings who haven’t settled is unreal, but that’s probably because the number of Malky’s signings is unreal.  

Dom Samuel, Jordy Hiwula, and Alex Samuel all look a long way short of standard to me, with D. Samuel occasionally showing a bit of quality. 

TL;DR version: they’re going to pump it long and hit the channels. 

On 28/01/2023 at 12:37, Pete the Jakey said:

If only there was a viral video clip of him showing him to have the worst miss of all time to warn us.