The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 16/07/2023 at 07:30, RandomGuy. said:

The only one who "invaded" this thread was me, and a lot of that was down to MacGregor bleating in the press about other clubs overspending then deciding to chuck 6 figure fees about. 

Come on man, we ain't the old firm!! Might you consider Dundee or Dundee United for example? Lots of others to throw stones at

18 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Supposedly a very good player but injury prone…. 

only 22 appearances last season , it would appear a gamble that could make or break our season

IF we could get anything like first two seasons Andrew Davies, I'd be delighted.

Review from a lad I work with who follows Wimbledon, Nightingale is good in the air, but gets found out when trying to play. As long as he has someone fairly competent beside him, should be solid enough. Always gives plenty of effort. Wimbledon seem to have as many defenders as County do midfielders, he said he'd be surprised if he only stayed till January. 

We’re still a centre half short, I reckon.  But I think the budget is blown, hence the short term loan. 

edit : which is a shame, because that JJ Debrah guy looks precisely what County need. 

Edited by Savage Henry

4 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Review from a lad I work with who follows Wimbledon, Nightingale is good in the air, but gets found out when trying to play. As long as he has someone fairly competent beside him, should be solid enough. Always gives plenty of effort. Wimbledon seem to have as many defenders as County do midfielders, he said he'd be surprised if he only stayed till January. 

"As long as he has someone fairly competent beside him" Let's hope for another CB signing before the window shuts.

12 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

"As long as he has someone fairly competent beside him" Let's hope for another CB signing before the window shuts.

Isn’t that pretty much what they said about Baldwin too when he signed

11 hours ago, central staggie said:

I see on Brora's twitter we had an XI out last night against them at the HFA. I'm assuming it was the youngsters, but anyone any idea of what the team was?

Sheaf, Smith, Henderson, Ewan and Mackinnon were all involved. 2-0 going on 10-0 by the sounds of a pal that went down to watch - who also said Sheaf was bullied by the Brora midfield and Henderson looked like he couldn’t be arsed.

36 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Henderson looked like he couldn’t be arsed.

He'll be quickly wondering why he left a team that doesn't play wingers, to join a team that doesn't play wingers. With so many strikers and Dhanda to accommodate, it looks like wing-backs are here to stay.

40 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

A bigger test today in the form of Morton, let’s hope for a comprehensive win and a good viewing of the new guys.

hopefully see brown and nightingale 

I'm really expecting a tough match here. Dougie Imrie has been a revelation in his short time so far at Morton, narrowly missing out on the play offs, and with a settled side.

Hopefully we'll get a good look at Nightingale, Brown, Allardice & Turner. Also interesting to see if we stay with the 3412 formation. The suns out and I'm looking forward to it.