The General Ross County Chat Thread

4 hours ago, RawB93 said:

£8m up front with 2m in bonuses I read here.

Guessing the 2m is if Southampton get promoted.

Do any of you know how big a sell on you had?

43 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

15% going by the papers.

https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/transfer-news-deadline-day-latest-updates/Xx2FTZkPU2Lo/XcD86EGCn9Oz/

Deal confirmed as being for £8m upfront, plus £4m in potential add ons.

Plus he's already been a cash cow, in that there were healthy cash bonuses for Sunderland getting promoted back to the championship & for not going straight back down again in their 1st season. 

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

21 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Rumours about a new signing...

Scottish u21, currently at Huddersfield, midfielder Scott High.

There's no point in sitting on all this cash is there 😆

They’re clearly a centre half short, so they’ve brought in a shite midfielder who isn’t going to play.  Odd.  But on the other hand, ker-ching.  

Here’s a picture of, oh let’s say, Ryan Leak yesterday.  

image.gif.60a630beede32f2ef5e9e83c22fd1128.gif

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

They’re clearly a centre half short, so they’ve brought in a shite midfielder who isn’t going to play.  Odd.  But on the other hand, ker-ching.  

Here’s a picture of, oh let’s say, Ryan Leak yesterday.  

image.gif.60a630beede32f2ef5e9e83c22fd1128.gif

23 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Our CM options;

Callachan, Dhanda, Loturi, Mackinnon, Tilson, Allardice, Turner, Sheaf, High and arguably Paton as he is still at the club… 

Absolutely not needed unless some of them get punted, which is now unlikely as the window is closed…

Why so down-beat, are you hungover, or did the missus give you the cold shoulder?  We have just signed a relatively unknown, young Scottish midfielder, who's played 50 on times in the English Championship, we're getting a cash windfall from a former striker moving on, but most importantly, the transfer window has closed and we've not lost Dhanda. You're almost as cheerful as @forkboy after a County win.

53 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Why so down-beat, are you hungover, or did the missus give you the cold shoulder?  We have just signed a relatively unknown, young Scottish midfielder, who's played 50 on times in the English Championship, we're getting a cash windfall from a former striker moving on, but most importantly, the transfer window has closed and we've not lost Dhanda. You're almost as cheerful as @forkboy after a County win.

His point still stands, we didn't need another midfielder.

Why so happy clappy? Did the missus accept your advances?

In danger of upsetting the happy clappers here, but I’m a bit surprised we haven’t brought in another centre half. We’ve got four at the club at the moment, one of which looks determined to give away a penalty or get himself sent off every week, another who appears to have a history of being quite injury prone and a very raw 17 year old, albeit he looks a decent prospect. Unless Purrington is being lined up to cover at least at LCB too, but the jury’s out on that one I would say. 

15 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

You think so? I think we’ve strengthened brilliantly there,

Brown looks class, Leak and Nightingale gives good competition compared to wheeling out Keith Watson. Left back is stacked too 

As for Scott High it’s a pleasant surprise to get another signing in and must have something about him if he’s in the Scotland u21 setup as well as huddersfield

Leak and Nightingale both look decent, but our #1 defender is Jack Baldwin, who is all over the place with his decision making at the moment.

Edited by Comrie

4 games in with the OF played, 6 points is realistically a tremendous start, factoring in a good performance at CP and a decent 2nd half performance at home to Rangers. Defence still needs some time to gel, but there's more positive signs than last season. 

Edited by staggy4life

53 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

This is, without a doubt, the most we’ve spent on a squad before. The pressure is certainly on to deliver a vast improvement on last season. That being said, the signs are looking very promising. 

Dare I say it - lots of reason to be excited…

29 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

4 games in with the OF played, 6 points is realistically a tremendous start, factoring in a good performance at CP and a decent 2nd half performance at home to Rangers. Defence still needs some time to gel, but there's more positive signs than last season. 

Hey,  just be careful with that kind of type of positivity. Some of the northern weee freees don't like that kind of talk.

Next thing, you'll be tagged as a happy clapper (whatever the f**k that is) 😂

Hope you fellow County fans enjoy your Saturday night, and a safe journey home to all those who attended Rugby Park today👏

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

52 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

I will now never forgive Roy for sacking Stuart Kettlewell.  Stuart playing the tunes on Radio Scotland tonight and he's just picked Chris Stapleton's Tennesse Whiskey.  That's worth a two year contract alone.

Interesting.  I assume the “panel” were enthused by their first steps into Americana?

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Hey,  just be careful with that kind of type of positivity. Some of the northern weee freees don't like that kind of talk.

Hope you fellow County fans enjoy your Saturday night, and a safe journey home to all those who attended Rugby Park today👏

Take a night off, or is your missus giving you the cold shoulder?

Edited by StoneThrowAway

Fantastic 3 points away from home, not without controversy!

White missed an absolute sitter and Laidlaw made numerous top saves including the penalty. Smash and grab job complete 

what makes me concerned is as other have said above we didn’t sign more centre halves yet have went and played 5 at the back again, wonder if the free agent market is worth a ponder? Surely Mulgrew wouldn’t be bad back up, also Gwion Edwards would be another good addition as feel we are a winger short too

16 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Fantastic 3 points away from home, not without controversy!

White missed an absolute sitter and Laidlaw made numerous top saves including the penalty. Smash and grab job complete 

what makes me concerned is as other have said above we didn’t sign more centre halves yet have went and played 5 at the back again, wonder if the free agent market is worth a ponder? Surely Mulgrew wouldn’t be bad back up, also Gwion Edwards would be another good addition as feel we are a winger short too

Hard, hard pass on Mulgrew.  

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Can you just accept some fans have different viewpoints from you & quit the snide wee remarks?

Great result today even if we got lucky with Kevin Clancy being hopeless, thems the breaks in Scottish football I suppose.

I share the concerns about the defence of other fans here but at the same time, 4 league games played & 2 clean sheets is promising. It's already 1 better than we managed in the first 4 games last season