The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Well, what are folks thoughts on County's performance in the match against Killie today?

After a bright opening 15mins where we could/should have scored. I thought that that was the worst I seen us play in a very long time, not 1 shot on goal in the whole 2nd half, against a very poor Killie team, that were there for the taking imo.

There seemed a real reluctance to commit players forward to support any attack, then the whole defence would sit far too deep and invite Killie onto them, when out of possession. Also substitutions were far too late in a match where things were clearly not working. 

Really.......REALLY.

I mean there has been some utter dug shite produced by County this season (and the end of last season) but that 45mins was the "Worst County Side EVER!!!!"

4 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Really.......REALLY.

I mean there has been some utter dug shite produced by County this season (and the end of last season) but that 45mins was the "Worst County Side EVER!!!!"

You've literally quoted me, put it in bold, then actually misquoted me.

Takes a bit of doing that 😆

Fair play, if you thought that was acceptable, I disagree. I don't care who the manager was today, for a County team to not manage a shot on goal (into the jailend too) the whole 2nd half was pretty pish.

2 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

You've literally quoted me, put it in bold, then actually misquoted me.

Takes a bit of doing that 😆

Fair play, if you thought that was acceptable, I disagree. I don't care who the manager was today, for a County team to not manage a shot on goal (into the jailend too) the whole 2nd half was pretty pish.

It was more a comment on the hyperbole coming from you.....my apologises that my cynicism and sarcasm doesn't come through. 

BUT you said It was the worst you've seen County play in a long time...define what a long time is.  Does that go back as far as the Hearts game or Motherwell games from last season, if so do you consider the St Johnstone game from this season to be better, and where does the 4-0 defeat by Aberdeen fit into this? 

Trying to gauge how those performances could be any better than that (which I will admit was rather tepid) second half was.

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I see Adams is talking about lacking certain types of player to play the way he wants.   Any ideas what that might be?  I’m guessing a Paul Lawson type. 

I think Wingers. Henderson is out with a knock at the moment. I expect he’ll be straight in the team as soon as he’s fit. I think Sims starting yesterday probably backs that notion up.

I’ll not be slating style of play until end of January. I’ll certainly not be slating the team after keeping our first home clean sheet in 3 months, never looking like conceding, and then suggesting it’s our worst performance for a long time. 

17 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

for a County team to not manage a shot on goal (into the jailend too) the whole 2nd half was pretty pish.

Not having a go at you per se, but this stuff rips my tits. Why does it make any difference which direction the team are shooting?

16 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I think Wingers. Henderson is out with a knock at the moment. I expect he’ll be straight in the team as soon as he’s fit. I think Sims starting yesterday probably backs that notion up.

I’ll not be slating style of play until end of January. I’ll certainly not be slating the team after keeping our first home clean sheet in 3 months, never looking like conceding, and then suggesting it’s our worst performance for a long time. 

I don’t really remember him playing with wingers.  I seem to recall Vigurs and/or Britain starting ostensibly wide but coming inside more often than not.  

The first division winning team was a very narrow midfield. Width was usually the job of Scotty Mo or Gary Miller.

I think the only out and out winger we had was Coco.

Edited by Comrie

22 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Looking at the makeup of his Morecambe team, he seems to favour a 4-2-3-1. Two inside wingers on the flanks, a 10 and then two destroyers in front of the back 4. 

You could form a team in that formation with the current squad, with Henderson and Sims.  

Laidlaw

Brown Baldwin Leak Purrington

Loturi Allerdice

Sims Dhanda Henderson

Brophy

Not horrible.  We’ve seen worse.  

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

You could form a team in that formation with the current squad, with Henderson and Sims.  

Laidlaw

Brown Baldwin Leak Purrington

Loturi Allerdice

Sims Dhanda Henderson

Brophy

Not horrible.  We’ve seen worse.  

This is there or thereabouts to the best that could be put together. However, where do the goals come from? Dhanda's good at creating chances but doesn't score many from open play.  Sims's only goals and assists for the club are against League 1 opposition.

It's been seven months since Brophy's started three matches in a row. I'm not sure when that will happen again.