The General Ross County Chat Thread

Greg Strong appointed Head of Recruitment, which I guess is a new name for Chief Scout.  I’m also assuming he’s not as stats oriented as the previous fella. 

Edited by Savage Henry

28 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I feel sorry for Wee George. He didn’t really put a foot wrong last season, but hasn’t had a look in this season.

And Josh Reid has had even less.  Very odd situation.  

Adams had Purrington at Plymouth, so Adams knows exactly what he's getting. It is one less position to think about when coming into a club mid-way through a season. I don't know what Purrington's injury was at Tynecastle but I guess Harmon will be in the team now.

Purrington is absolutely fine. He doesn't have a quick burst so he can get done on the counter, but he is the 7/10 type that most managers crave.

Harmon has higher peaks but lower troughs, having not played so much football outside non-league stuff. I've no complaints about Purrington playing ahead of him when Jimmy Brown is such a dynamic full-back on the other side.

Shambles of a performance from back to front. Passing, tackling and positional play was rank rotten. 

Not only is our best striker starting on the bench, but Brophy didn’t even get brought on when we were down 0-2 and needing goals! Wasn’t brought on at all!

Baffling and concerning! 

Massive January overhaul needed!

21 minutes ago, USSR Tycoon said:

Shambles of a performance from back to front. Passing, tackling and positional play was rank rotten. 

Not only is our best striker starting on the bench, but Brophy didn’t even get brought on when we were down 0-2 and needing goals! Wasn’t brought on at all!

Baffling and concerning! 

Massive January overhaul needed!

The subs were odd, but it was probably Adams trying to prove a point. Think we’re going to see a very different team for the Partick Thistle game.

Edited by Staggie_93

32 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

The subs were odd, but it was probably Adams trying to prove a point. Think we’re going to see a very different team for the Partick Thistle game.

I thought the subs were odd too. Cannot see why he would leave White on in place of Murray. Then leave it to 80th minute to bring on Turner and Harmon. The changes needed to be made at half time, it was clear by then it wasn’t working.

Against Aberdeen I had fears over the 4-4-2 formation before kick off, and that proved to be founded.  Randall has been playing in front of the defence and we ship two goals that could have been prevented by the presence of defensive midfielder in that area.  I honestly would've played Jordan Tillson in there if he wasnt on loan, as I simply dont rate Loturi.

From the first few games Adams took charge we went 5 at the back with Randall in front and we looked solid.  I guess knocks to Randall, Nightingale and Smith have made that formation untenable.  I think if Baldwin is to play it needs to be as a back 3 of CBs rather than as a pair.  Hopefully the winter break (which is a total joke btw) will mean a fully fit squad to choose from with a couple of new signings in the mix.

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Against Aberdeen I had fears over the 4-4-2 formation before kick off, and that proved to be founded.  Randall has been playing in front of the defence and we ship two goals that could have been prevented by the presence of defensive midfielder in that area.  I honestly would've played Jordan Tillson in there if he wasnt on loan, as I simply dont rate Loturi.

From the first few games Adams took charge we went 5 at the back with Randall in front and we looked solid.  I guess knocks to Randall, Nightingale and Smith have made that formation untenable.  I think if Baldwin is to play it needs to be as a back 3 of CBs rather than as a pair.  Hopefully the winter break (which is a total joke btw) will mean a fully fit squad to choose from with a couple of new signings in the mix.

I suspect neither Sheaf nor Loturi have much of a future at the club.  

Hes been linked with a lot of clubs down there too. Have to be a hell of a pitch from Adams to tempt him up here id imagine.