The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Watched that about eight times and may well have been at that game, but I can’t for the life of me see a red card offence there!

I think MacLeod was a wee bit lucky there, foot was very high. Likely he'd be getting a red in modern football.

That was also meant to be my first County game, but my maw fell out with her best friend who's husband was going down so I couldn't get to Forfar (being 9) and missed it.

22 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

https://x.com/thecountycorner/status/1744432278518796798?s=46&t=ifEZjmsywM4zZ6LsoCdAjw

My first ever away game with County. What a day it was. We must’ve taken a couple thousand to Forfar that day. Oh how things change. 

Certainly bit of an exodus from the Highlands that day. Remember getting a bus that stopped outside what is now Renatos.

We always took good numbers in the early 90s, up until the early 2000s really and then it seemed to dwindle off.

The last game that I can remember outside a trip over the bridge or to a cup fixture was probably Morton in 2010 where we sold out that stand to the side. From memory David Siegel put on free coaches, he was a really decent bloke. Shame he didn't stay involved with the club longer. 

On a sidenote one of those shirts sold on ClassicFootballShirts last year for just short of £400.

3 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

On a sidenote one of those shirts sold on ClassicFootballShirts last year for just short of £400.

I have one, didn't pay anything near that for it though.

On another note, on the Morecambe watch, 6ft 5in striker Tom Bloxham has had his loan cut short and has returned to Shrewsbury.

10 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I have one, didn't pay anything near that for it though.

Couple on there at the moment for about £100. What was the name of that menswear shop that sold County stuff upstairs? Opposite the Wimpy I think. 

With at risk at sounding like an old bloke in the West Stand, the 90s were a great time to support the club!

29 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

Couple on there at the moment for about £100. What was the name of that menswear shop that sold County stuff upstairs? Opposite the Wimpy I think. 

With at risk at sounding like an old bloke in the West Stand, the 90s were a great time to support the club!

Pat J's I think?

59 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

Adams certainly getting the band back together.

I can't believe this guy is still getting decent jobs in football, the absolute dross he signed for us in league 1 and not to mention what a terrible guy he is. Tried his best to take over the managers job from Ian Murray, it was no surprise we reached 3 playoff finals on the trot after he left.

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

I can't believe this guy is still getting decent jobs in football, the absolute dross he signed for us in league 1 and not to mention what a terrible guy he is. Tried his best to take over the managers job from Ian Murray, it was no surprise we reached 3 playoff finals on the trot after he left.

Adams seems to quite like him in the background, worked at County before and took him to Bradford for his stint there.

3 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

Adams seems to quite like him in the background, worked at County before and took him to Bradford for his stint there.

After years of not having scouts and then employing a guy with a football manager sim, I’ll take anyone who can drive a car.  

12 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

A little disappointed with that. Must mean we have some players lined up (you would hope)….

I wasn’t a big fan, and was surprised when we signed him. I think the saying is he flattered to deceive.

28 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Kyle Turner off to Raith Rovers

Not entirely surprising.  A bit baffled at the signing in the first place. I'm guessing he's 26/27 and he needed to claim a first team spot which was never going to happen.  Good luck to him but another Malky mystery. 

35 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Kyle Turner off to Raith Rovers

WTF. I rate Kyle Turner, just Dhanda obviously the best in our team. There was little game time, but he certainly showed the occasional glimpse of ability. I reckon he will do well at Raith and good luck to him.

Raith Rovers as well! I mean, I already expect play offs. If Kyle plays well which I'm think he will, say Raith win the league then I really don't fancy our chances against Dundee United. Last season was close enough. A packed out noisy United support, don't think we'd be favourites put it that way!

Here is hoping Adams can avoid the play offs, but am not confident for a few reasons.

12 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

Not entirely surprising.  A bit baffled at the signing in the first place. I'm guessing he's 26/27 and he needed to claim a first team spot which was never going to happen.  Good luck to him but another Malky mystery. 

Was definately a strange signing at the time. However, if County get relegated he will be useful next season for sure.

Edited by Sonam

17 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

I tend to agree. There is clearly a player there. I think he’s been treated unfairly since Adams came in as he’s featured in 10 minutes here, and 15 minutes there. That being said, 1 goal and 1 assist for an attacking midfielder in 17 games simply isn’t enough. 

ETA: I suppose I’ve answered my own question as to why he’s only featuring sporadically under DA. 

Edited by Matty-RCFC