Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-62281041

Good grief. The Tories hitting Viktor Orban levels here.

They aren't saying this for us it's to try and get some votes from roughly a  couple of hundred thousand con members in the south of England 

So as always dirty foreigners and the poor to get the gammon votes 

It will be Truss that gets in, she gives the folk with the votes that Thatcher feeling they love so much and will fill her cabinet with Johnson supporters.

Either they want her in the knowledge of, or don't care about, the impact that would have on the union and the conservatives chances at the next election.

For pure comedy value and if you are either pro independence or pro Labour, Truss is as absolute gift. Aside from being very very poor at public speaking, she is so weak that the Johnson Loyalists will control her like a puppet. Labour will make absolute political gain over her being supported by them, her comments on other candidates and just her all round inability to lead. The SNP will point to shifting the deckchairs on the Titanic. NI will continue to be stack too.

Sunek would be no better, but rightly or wrongly, I think folk would be willing to give him a bit of time to see what he could do.

Of course, it matters not what any of us think. We don't get a say on the direction or leadership in the UK. Imagine the rage in the daily mail if c160k red headed left leaning Scots got to chose the 3rd prime minister in a row.

Or to think of it another way, you could easily fit all those with a vote into the Scottish premiership stadiums and still have room. Imagine Scottish football fans choosing our next PM. 

24 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Imagine Scottish football fans choosing our next PM. 

Imagine the scenes when Prime Minister Black prorogues parliament after St Mirren lose.

Has there been a shift in language from the media, Sunak, and Truss? It seems "immigrant" has been replaced by "migrant'. Clearly it won't mean a softening of their stance but (I might be totally wrong here), but does immigration not mean or at least suggest moving/relocating to specific country as the end point, while migration is a more fluid term meaning movement within or across national borders? In which case, using migrant would definitely fit with the abomination that is the Rwanda "policy". Maybe reading too much into this, in which case I'll head over to the Conspiracy thread!

17 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Has there been a shift in language from the media, Sunak, and Truss? It seems "immigrant" has been replaced by "migrant'. Clearly it won't mean a softening of their stance but (I might be totally wrong here), but does immigration not mean or at least suggest moving/relocating to specific country as the end point, while migration is a more fluid term meaning movement within or across national borders? In which case, using migrant would definitely fit with the abomination that is the Rwanda "policy". Maybe reading too much into this, in which case I'll head over to the Conspiracy thread!

Xenophobes are forever shifting the language around immigration; witness the use of "illegals", implying that they only have a problem with people who come to the UK without following the rules, while desperately trying to make the rules as restrictive as possible to prevent people from coming here legally.

54 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

When you don't really give a shite about them but will happily pretend you do to score political points.

A bit like people pretending they care about the poor only because it allows them to bash the Tories but keeping their mouths shut about poverty in Scotland where the SNP have questions to answer for example.

In 2011 the Trussell Trust had oversight of 178 foodbanks on mainland UK.  Currently that number is in excess of 2000 and rising.  The vast majority of that lies at the door of the UK Government and no amount of pro-Tory whataboutery will alter the fact.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

When you don't really give a shite about them but will happily pretend you do to score political points.

A bit like people pretending they care about the poor only because it allows them to bash the Tories but keeping their mouths shut about poverty in Scotland where the SNP have questions to answer for example.

In-work poverty has gone through the roof the last 12 years yet you’re against workers demanding a pay rise that half attempts to keep up with the rising cost of living. Make up your mind, fs. Your empty rhetoric is galling.

Surely we all know by now that the real evil is in pointing out problems, not causing them in the first place  :lol:

Glad we're back to "everyone is a sociopath like me, so anyone mentioning bad things is doing so for Internet Points".

Was listening to BBC radio 6 and accidentally switched over to BBC Asian Network, they are next to each other. Listed for a bit as I quite like some of the music but this question came up and people were asked if the UK was ready for a brown faced PM. Folks were answering that maybe in ten years or so and saying stuff like that.

Has there been any talk about this on MSM/MS(white)M? I have heard the question asked.

If the Tories think that they will lose votes they will not select Sunak as their leader even if they know he is way better than the simple one.

Is the UK ready to accept a brown faced PM?

5 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Was listening to BBC radio 6 and accidentally switched over to BBC Asian Network, they are next to each other. Listed for a bit as I quite like some of the music but this question came up and people were asked if the UK was ready for a brown faced PM. Folks were answering that maybe in ten years or so and saying stuff like that.

Has there been any talk about this on MSM/MS(white)M? I have heard the question asked.

If the Tories think that they will lose votes they will not select Sunak as their leader even if they know he is way better than the simple one.

Is the UK ready to accept a brown faced PM?

Didn’t stop Desmond Swayne getting the knighthood

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/desmond-swayne-tory-mp-blackface-james-brown-david-cameron-a9625761.html?amp

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Gammons lap this nonsense up

His wife isn’t making a mockery of the tax system mind you. 

I’m also wondering if and how he’s still got a US green card. Generally if you’re out of the US for a 12 month period they’ll look to take it off you.

EDIT - actually 6 months - https://lawandborder.com/risk-abandoning-green-card-abroad-6-months/

Requirements for Re-entry

When you arrive at the port of entry, there are two requirements you have to meet to avoid scrutiny from the CBP officer. If you meet both these requirements, then you will be allowed back into the U.S. without any trouble. If one of them is lacking, then you might come under the CBP officer’s scrutiny. These two requirements are:

1. You must have been outside of the U.S. for under 180 days (6 months), and
  2. You must not have abandoned your LPR status by making a trip abroad that wasn’t temporary (i.e., all your visits outside of the U.S. must be temporary).

The best way to avoid abandoning your LPR status is to make sure the U.S. is your primary home and leave the U.S. for temporary visits. Essentially you need to make sure you are in the U.S. for more days in a year than you are outside of the U.S. All your trips must also have a temporary purpose (for example visiting your family or going on a business trip). 

Edited by carpetmonster