First Among Equals: EOSL First Division 2022-23

On 31/10/2022 at 10:45, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.acebc91f94e54cf69b965ef6672683b5.png

image.png.340b5a564f3fbc3b83eb6cd2f42f08e6.png

Not just tight at the top. Stil not clear at the bottom.

Anyone care to make a prediction (promotion or relation) since we are a third of the way through the season? From a personal point of view, whilst I think they have more to give, and not been free-scoring, very happy to see Dunbar to of the pile. Hopefully they stay up in the promotion spots for remainder of the season.

Of the other sides I have seen, I would imagine Dunipace, Preston and Luncarty will be there or thereabouts. Nitten look to be coming good.

Not seen any of Glenrothes or Kircaldy so look forward to taking their games in. 

What I will say, much league last season's Premier Division, the league is very open and competitive, which is great. On their day, any team can beat the next in this division.

10 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Anyone care to make a prediction (promotion or relation) since we are a third of the way through the season? From a personal point of view, whilst I think they have more to give, and not been free-scoring, very happy to see Dunbar to of the pile. Hopefully they stay up in the promotion spots for remainder of the season.

Of the other sides I have seen, I would imagine Dunipace, Preston and Luncarty will be there or thereabouts. Nitten look to be coming good.

Not seen any of Glenrothes or Kircaldy so look forward to taking their games in. 

What I will say, much league last season's Premier Division, the league is very open and competitive, which is great. On their day, any team can beat the next in this division.

Predictions - there's a quotation around 'don't predict it, create it' which is what the more focused coaches at the very top of the senior game seem to follow. Create it by buying players, developing a winning mentality or simply creating an illusion of superiority.

If I was predicting the future - I'd predict that matters won't be settled until around match-day 26. 

But at the minute I wouldn't be swapping the Dunbar position with anyone. If you told me at the start of the season Dunbar would be clear league leaders at the top around mid-Oct going into Nov leading by 3 points and also a game in hand - I reckon not too many folks would have believed it possible. But there you go, things aren't too predictable in this sport. Well done guys, enjoy it while its around. 

22 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Anyone care to make a prediction (promotion or relation) since we are a third of the way through the season? 

Whitehill won't be relegated despite what some folk think. 

On that note how many points do you think clubs will need to avoid relegation? There's usually a safety barrier bit it looks tricky in this league.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

On that note how many points do you think clubs will need to avoid relegation? There's usually a safety barrier bit it looks tricky in this league.

It could be anyone the way this leagues gone. Luncarty were cruising at the start have only took 5 points from 18

On 16/10/2022 at 12:46, Man from the East said:

I honestly believe there’s nothing between most of the clubs in this division. 
All are capable of taking points from anyone. Three weeks ago it looked like Luncarty were heading out of sight, then a couple of hiccups in their path. 
Clearly nothing is going to be decided until the final weeks.

This Division cannot be compared to last seasons Conference. It’s apples and oranges.

I’d agree it’s really exciting , especially as we are only a little less than half way through!  There will be twists and turns , and injuries and loss of form etc.

A very close League and great to watch!

5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Massive game this weekend for them, with them drawing up there against kennoway recently, both sides will be thinking this is a winnable tie.

Looking at the table i cant see who whitehill will beat apart from potentially kennoway in that league. The new manager hasn't had the desired impact he maybe wanted, some will say give him time but too much time and they will be down before they know it. Fitbaws a funny old game.

So,,,,, which one is the big match on Saturday?

I think they all are.  There’s no ‘wee’ games at all. Every 90 minutes is significant. There’s going to be an awful lot of pressure if this continues.  Some teams will live with the added stress, others will not.

12FF3636-519F-42BA-A69B-27775E869662.jpeg

Edited by Man from the East

3 hours ago, fanfromafar said:

Massive game this weekend for them, with them drawing up there against kennoway recently, both sides will be thinking this is a winnable tie.

Looking at the table i cant see who whitehill will beat apart from potentially kennoway in that league. The new manager hasn't had the desired impact he maybe wanted, some will say give him time but too much time and they will be down before they know it. Fitbaws a funny old game.

Well they've already beat the team sitting 2nd on their own patch for a start. 

The new manager has improved things 100% no doubt about that just been very unlucky in his 1st few games. 

Should've been out of sight last Saturday against Leith and 2 missed pens in 2 previous league matches have proved costly dropping points otherwise wouldn't be where they are. 

A bizarre comment saying give him time when he's only been there for a few games. 

As previously stated  I'm confident Whitehill won't go down in a wide open league where everybody is capable of taking points of each other. 

2 hours ago, Man from the East said:

So,,,,, which one is the big match on Saturday?

I think they all are.  There’s no ‘wee’ games at all. Every 90 minutes is significant. There’s going to be an awful lot of pressure if this continues.  Some teams will live with the added stress, others will not.

12FF3636-519F-42BA-A69B-27775E869662.jpeg

One of the 17pt Club fixtures.

Kinnoull v. Leith Athletic or Preston Athletic v. Luncarty.

They're all chasing promotion. Dunbar already have a 6pt lead over them. A win means at worse 3pts from the promotion spots. 

On 02/11/2022 at 10:25, #DUFC said:

Not surprised at all Dunbar top o the league probably biggest budget but that allows them a good squad from the budget, guys like whitson,berry,dawson,walker all very experienced from playing with better teams. The keeper has been a brilliant signing from Nitten aswell

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Something weird happening at Camelon. Looks like the game was abandoned after the ref was injured. They then carried on playing with a player filling in as the ref.

image.png.5e63ae9b23a8ea5f4ee19e33dcb04e76.png

image.png.33a02d263112087ca2d1690637f1bf36.png

Just started the 2nd half according to their Twitter with the score 2-1.

The game was abandoned when ref went injured at 0-0 15 mins in. When he collided with a camelon player and injured his ankle So both teams just decided to play a bounce game.

18 hours ago, the tin man said:

Not surprised at all Dunbar top o the league probably biggest budget but that allows them a good squad from the budget, guys like whitson,berry,dawson,walker all very experienced from playing with better teams. The keeper has been a brilliant signing from Nitten aswell

How much is the average budget? I’m sure we’d all be interested to hear. 

On 03/11/2022 at 14:14, fanfromafar said:

1st questions answered ? 

Down before we/they know it 😏

Screenshot_20221106_005042_Chrome.jpg

Edited by newcastle broon