First Among Equals: EOSL First Division 2022-23

15 hours ago, Spyro said:

They get paid for showing up though... I'm sure the members would've had it sorted if he had spoken up sooner

Yes im led to believe referees receive payments. 

Passing a morning inspection in sunshine with rising temperatures towards kick off, a few yards of the park was deemed too firm but not frozen by the way to play the match.Surely a couple buckets water and some forks would've had it playable.

Id imagine this might be a talking point at a future eos meeting. 

Waste of a day and expense for an absolute joke decision!

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Yes im led to believe referees receive payments. 

Passing a morning inspection in sunshine with rising temperatures towards kick off, a few yards of the park was deemed too firm but not frozen by the way to play the match.Surely a couple buckets water and some forks would've had it playable.

Id imagine this might be a talking point at a future eos meeting. 

Waste of a day and expense for an absolute joke decision!

At least you only went as far as Perth  This time last year I was enjoying a fine pint in the Osnabruck when we discovered the ref had put off Forfar v Ed City due to high winds (I don't think it was that windy).

Tayport were thus boosted by the gate money of three City fans that day ..

ETA: forgot to add the real joke was that, down the road from Station Park, Forfar West End's game actually went ahead!

Edited by tamthebam

4 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

What is the reason for 4th place being highlighted? do they get a play off?

Extra relegation if there is a net gain from lowland league. Eg Edinburgh uni would be relegated to eosfl if the highland league champions beat lowland champions then beat league 2 basement boys 

2 hours ago, Connor7 said:

What is the reason for 4th place being highlighted? do they get a play off?

The team in 4th place will be promoted if the EOS loses a team to the Lowland League. That would only happen if Linlithgow beat Dalbeattie in the playoff final. Then the 4th placed sides in the First and Second divisions would be promoted as well as the 3rd Place side in the Third division.

2 hours ago, patriot1 said:

The team in 4th place will be promoted if the EOS loses a team to the Lowland League. That would only happen if Linlithgow beat Dalbeattie in the playoff final. Then the 4th placed sides in the First and Second divisions would be promoted as well as the 3rd Place side in the Third division.

Darvel

16 minutes ago, alan862 said:

Darvel

No, Dalbeattie.

If Linlithgow are promoted and Dalbeattie relegated then the EOS Premier will be reduced to 15 teams as Dalbeattie will play in the South of Scotland league. That is when the 4th team would be promoted from the First to make up the 16 teams.

If Edinburgh Uni finish bottom rather than Dalbeattie then 4th place won’t be promoted as Edinburgh will play in the EOS Premier.

Darvel don’t come into it as far as 4th place in the First is concerned.

2 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

No, Dalbeattie.

If Linlithgow are promoted and Dalbeattie relegated then the EOS Premier will be reduced to 15 teams as Dalbeattie will play in the South of Scotland league. That is when the 4th team would be promoted from the First to make up the 16 teams.

If Edinburgh Uni finish bottom rather than Dalbeattie then 4th place won’t be promoted as Edinburgh will play in the EOS Premier.

Darvel don’t come into it as far as 4th place in the First is concerned.

They were saying Darvel because you mentioned the possibility of Linlithgow playing Dalbeattie in a playoff (which is impossible).

27 minutes ago, stanley said:

They were saying Darvel because you mentioned the possibility of Linlithgow playing Dalbeattie in a playoff (which is impossible).

You’re right. 

I had it in my head that the winner of the EOS, WOS and SOS playoffs then met the bottom team in the Lowland league.

You don’t want to know what else is in my head.

36 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

You’re right. 

I had it in my head that the winner of the EOS, WOS and SOS playoffs then met the bottom team in the Lowland league.

Don't give the Lowland League any ideas...

On 13/02/2023 at 17:18, patriot1 said:

You’re right. 

Three teams get promoted,that's all the clubs should focus on. We   are in a good position for promotion but clubs with games in hand are still very much in the race, so a lot can change,starting this week against Nitten should be a cracker. Good luck to Dunbar.

21 hours ago, imho said:

Three teams get promoted,that's all the clubs should focus on. We   are in a good position for promotion but clubs with games in hand are still very much in the race, so a lot can change,starting this week against Nitten should be a cracker. Good luck to Dunbar.

Think that Nitten may be out to prove a point after going down in their past two matches. 

Not so sunny Dunny today...🌧️

Nitten looked fired up when they came out and it was a good old fashioned scrap of a game at times and I thought we would see a red card at some point. The introduction of 5 subs has lessened this possibility I dare say.  The scoreline may suggest one way traffic but Star had one cleared off the line and missed a sitter early on when it looked easier to score. Having said that it was a polished Dunbar performance and the Seasiders are a team worth watching. Nice to see Sean Stewart get a goal, he took it well