LTHV v Oakley

Tynecastle v Hill of Beath
Vale of Leithen v Blackburn

Saturday 13th May  
Blackburn v Tynecastle
Crossgates v Broxburn
Hill of Beath v LTHV
Musselburgh v Inverkeithing

It's a real scrap at the bottom. Credit to the fixture secretary that with only 3/4 games left every candidate for the 3rd relegation spot has it in their own hands to avoid the drop and could go down to the final weekend

East of Scotland League - Premier Division

image.png.562760bba3bfe648ab2da658916bdee7.png

Sat 29 Apr       Haddington v Linlithgow      Sauchie v Musselburgh
Sat 6 May         Linlithgow v Crossgates       Inverkeithing v Sauchie
Sat 13 May     
Penicuik v Linlithgow             Sauchie v Dundonald

South of Scotland League

image.png.1d9bbabf65bfb27901131d2b753f945e.png

Sat 29 Apr      Lochmaben v Creetown
Tue 2 May       Creetown
v Stranraer SOS
Sat 6 May        Abbey Vale v Lochmaben     Creetown v Lochar       season ends for Creetown and Lochar
Mon 8 May     Abbey Vale
v Stranraer SOS                                                 season ends for Abbey Vale

West of Scotland League - Premier Division

image.png.f4832c7d3f8b3ddf2d7d898c9882c36d.png

Sat 29 Apr         Beith v Kilwinning               Hurlford v Darvel
Mon 1 May       
Glenafton v Auchinleck
Wed 3 May       Beith v Auchinleck
Sat 6 May           Darvel v Beith
                       Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck
Wed 10 May     
Hurlford v Auchinleck
Sat 13 May         Darvel v Auchinleck         
Hurlford v Beith

Linlithgow Rose are    CHAMPIONS  

Congratulations to Rose on their first-ever senior league title.

Beith won WOSL today, so Linlithgow are either going up automatically or else acting Goliath against David from SOSL. Creetown just squeaked 4-3 win at Lochmaben today leaving their table:

1     P20     Abbey Vale     52pts, +71
2     P20     Creetown        52pts, +50
3     P21     Lochar               49pts, +47

Tue 2 May       Creetown v Stranraer SOS
Sat 6 May        Abbey Vale v Lochmaben     Creetown v Lochar       season ends for Creetown and Lochar
Mon 8 May     Abbey Vale
 v Stranraer SOS                                                 season ends for Abbey Vale

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

Looks ominous for Blackburn after today’s defeat, particularly after wins for LTHV & Haws, also with Tynecastle drawing. You’d probably think that only 3 wins out of last 3 matches will save the the West Lothian club from relegation.

will be tough but Hill of Beath have 3 tough fixtures aswell. 

Looks ominous for Blackburn after today’s defeat, particularly after wins for LTHV & Haws, also with Tynecastle drawing. You’d probably think that only 3 wins out of last 3 matches will save the the West Lothian club from relegation.

This is Blackburn you are talking about... 😉

It does, but not helped by having what looked like a perfectly good equaliser ruled out for offside, then the ref admitting after the game that him and his linesman called it wrong. At least he admitted the error, but it doesn't help us.

I normally just post the highlights but wanted to give a big shout out to Haddington yesterday, who were different class. 

From their cameraman Gabriel letting me share his filming gantry to giving the Rose players a guard of honour back to the dressing room, to their lush bowling green of a pitch even at this time in the season and the friendliest committee - they have a great set up there and I wish them all the best for next season and beyond.

Joint winners of my ‘Being nice to the cameraman’ award for 2022/23 alongside The Swifts. Thanks guys!

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Linlithgow Rose are    CHAMPIONS  

Congratulations to Rose on their first-ever senior league title.

Beith won WOSL today, so Linlithgow are either going up automatically or else acting Goliath against David from SOSL. Creetown just squeaked 4-3 win at Lochmaben today leaving their table:

1     P20     Abbey Vale     52pts, +71
2     P20     Creetown        52pts, +50
3     P21     Lochar               49pts, +47

Tue 2 May       Creetown v Stranraer SOS
Sat 6 May        Abbey Vale v Lochmaben     Creetown v Lochar       season ends for Creetown and Lochar
Mon 8 May     Abbey Vale

What happens if there is a playoff? Does it revert to a 2-leg tie rather than the 3-way round robin? And which date(s) of the 3 will be used?

1 hour ago, UpInTheStand said:

I normally just post the highlights but wanted to give a big shout out to Haddington yesterday, who were different class. 

From their cameraman Gabriel letting me share his filming gantry to giving the Rose players a guard of honour back to the dressing room, to their lush bowling green of a pitch even at this time in the season and the friendliest committee - they have a great set up there and I wish them all the best for next season and beyond.

Joint winners of my ‘Being nice to the cameraman’ award for 2022/23 alongside The Swifts. Thanks guys!

Great post👍

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

What happens if there is a playoff? Does it revert to a 2-leg tie rather than the 3-way round robin?

Yep.

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

And which date(s) of the 3 will be used?

Saturday 20th May     Linlithgow Rose v SOSL champion
Saturday 27th May     SOSL champion v Linlithgow Rose

Basically a repeat of 2017-18 before WOSL existed and you had Kelty v Threave over 2 legs: on that occasion the Fifers won 0-4 in Castle Douglas before rounding off 6-0 at home for 10-0 on aggregate.

As it happens Rose won't actually have to wait until Saturday 13th May to find out, as SOSL is finishing earlier than required - Creetown and Lochar this Saturday and Abbey Vale a week tomorrow. (AV due to face Renfrew in CWS albeit now a deadrubber / others presumably have 1 of numerous 'local' cups down D&G way).

Edited by HibeeJibee

Creetown's record v non-SOSL opposition:

2018-19
Southern Counties Cup R2     Dalbeattie Star 6-1 Creetown

2019-20
South Challenge Cup R2     Creetown 1-5 Craigroyston

2020-21
South Challenge Cup R1     Broxburn Athletic 6-0 Creetown

2021-22
South Challenge Cup R1 SW     Lesmahagow 6-3 Creetown

2022-23
South Challenge Cup R1 SW     Royal Albert 3-1 Creetown
Southern Counties Cup R1     Dalbeattie Star 1-0 Creetown
Cree Lodge Cup Semi-Finals     Creetown 0-3 Threave Rovers

9 hours ago, UpInTheStand said:

Response from Haddington Athletic Facebook page

Haddington Athletic

2 h-0

Linlithgow's footage from yesterday's game here. Like to thank their cameraman for his very complimentary remarks on his Millfield experience, posted on Pie & Bovril - it's very much appreciated.

Edited by Casey Jones