You've had your chips

Would you implant a tiny debit card chip in your hand? | This is Money

I was unsure which forum to post this but I believe it is a political topic as much as anything else. It's been mooted for long enough and the pandemic move to cashless brought it closer (some people believe that was deliberate, I just think it was a useful add-on).

This is the next logical step? What possible arguments against could any law abiding citizen have? 

This will never happen as the christian right believe it is the "mark of the beast" and with a lot of them being in prominent positions politically they will fight tooth and nail to stop it.

On a more reality level - how would I buy drugs? I already have a credit/debit card in my pocket which is handy enough for me, what I'd like to see is the contactless tap payment stop.

23 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

This will never happen as the christian right believe it is the "mark of the beast" and with a lot of them being in prominent positions politically they will fight tooth and nail to stop it.

On a more reality level - how would I buy drugs? I already have a credit/debit card in my pocket which is handy enough for me, what I'd like to see is the contactless tap payment stop.

Also my main problem with it.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Is it not  barcodes that are the mark of the beast because the 3 long bars are sixes? (Spoiler-They’re not)

Or is this bit enough:

”they could not buy or sell without the mark”

A minister (one with links to a hippy commune admittedly) once told me that St John had been off his head on hallucinogenic desert plants when he wrote the revelation.

It always amuses me to think of bible wankers living their lives according to the tripped out ranting of a second century Jim Morrison.

3 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Would you implant a tiny debit card chip in your hand? | This is Money

I was unsure which forum to post this but I believe it is a political topic as much as anything else. It's been mooted for long enough and the pandemic move to cashless brought it closer (some people believe that was deliberate, I just think it was a useful add-on).

This is the next logical step? What possible arguments against could any law abiding citizen have? 

Open to fraud on an industrial scale in certain parts of the UK… Bloke on the right: ‘Going to get this photo framed’. Bloke on the left thinking: Just hold this pose, one more second…got you. Cloned your chip hand fannybaws. Argos here I come’.

61ABC721-AF5E-4E90-A2AA-E86F76B2B13C.jpeg

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

There’s a good movie where chips implanted in bodies use your lifespan as currency as opposed to money. Obviously there’s no setbacks to this notion whatsoever.

"In Time". Good Sci-Film that doesn't look like it couldn't come true in the future.

I'd give this kind of shit a try. I've always quite fancied the augmentation thing. I'm well aware of the down sides though, so I appreciate that I'm genuinely being thick and naïve.

If you look about online, there are already people providing the service of taking the chip out of debit/credit cards and implanting them under the skin on people's hands. Bit of a shiter when your card expires a couple of years later.