£1 million reward for briefcase lost in Edinburgh

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I never thought he was, totally different styles.

I'd agree tbf, but a fair number of posters were convinced they were the same person. Most of HB's work was before my time but looking at old posts, I wouldn't necessarily say they were the same.

Detournement posted some good stuff, but also some awful stuff. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

@Benjamin Nevis followed him around the forum calling him HB and other centrist da’s joined in. A smear campaign nearly as bad as the Corbyn anti semitism smear. 

HB wasn't that bad, he certainly wouldn't have tried to flog Great Replacement theory like Detournement did. My problem with him was you could never tell if he was taking the pish or believed some of the shite he came out with. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

HB wasn't that bad, he certainly wouldn't have tried to flog Great Replacement theory like Detournement did. My problem with him was you could never tell if he was taking the pish or believed some of the shite he came out with. 

I must have missed this.

54 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

I must have missed this.

He also backed taking citizenship off people in their 40s if they hadn't been fully transparent when arriving in the UK as children. Priti Patel could do no wrong. Maybe he was on japester duty that day. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

He also backed taking citizenship off people in their 40s if they hadn't been fully transparent when arriving in the UK as children. Priti Patel could do no wrong. Maybe he was on japester duty that day. 

Can't mind any of that tbh. 

One of his best bits was claiming anyone who objected to Orange walks was middle class.

50 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Can't mind any of that tbh. 

One of his best bits was claiming anyone who objected to Orange walks was middle class.

Either he was staying true to the origins of his username or he'd been spending too much time on Spiked with Claire and Brendon. 

13 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

I'd agree tbf, but a fair number of posters were convinced they were the same person. Most of HB's work was before my time but looking at old posts, I wouldn't necessarily say they were the same.

Detournement posted some good stuff, but also some awful stuff. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

Yeah I'm pretty sure in MixuFruit's audit thread there were a lot of requests for to do Detournement vs. HB and the results for a match were highly unlikely. 

Definitely a poster of high and low points. His posts on the Salman Rushdie thread that went along the lines of "that's why I'm off for a pint and he's off for a blood transfusion" had me howling. Also had the VT quality of making people so mad some were refusing to believe he'd read Rushdie's work or the stuff he was comparing it to. 

I dunno about the Great Replacement Theory stuff, I cba going back through threads but I always thought that was pretty bad faith. I wouldn't exactly be surprised though, his class reductionism and Pynchon-esque (another author he could not stop talking about) paranoia about elites did lead him to hold essentially the same views on COVID and the WEF as QAnon guys, as well as some other spicy takes.