Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC - 6/8/2022

9 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Really? No, Dundee will win if they score more goals than Rovers - what could be simpler than that?

You're like a broken gramophone record with you're constant negativity. 

Yes, and scoring more goals than us means scoring one goal. 

No goals now for 3 games, no wins in 4 games. Apart from Aberdeen, all of these matches against poor opposition. 

Anything against Dundee is a bonus. Morton the week after will be the must win for us. 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yes, and scoring more goals than us means scoring one goal. 

No goals now for 3 games, no wins in 4 games. Apart from Aberdeen, all of these matches against poor opposition. 

Anything against Dundee is a bonus. Morton the week after will be the must win for us. 

We were unlucky not to score a few times yesterday, and nothing ran for us in the box. New players bedding in too. We've no reason to be scared of Dundee, and talking about "must wins" this early on is daft.

Just like the start of last season you have us down for relegation.

13 hours ago, embow said:

It's already an absolute shoo-in for the 'Dee. We have nothing to offer in defence and attack. We'll play attractive passing football from 18 yard box to 18 yard box but be worse than useless unfortunately in either of these said boxes.

I haven’t seen Dundee yet, all I have to go on is the scoreline from their home defeat yesterday, but I still agree with the comment above.

I suppose I haven’t seen Rovers yet either. Maybe we are really good. I’ll find out at the Morton game the following week.

Go Rovers!

On 30/07/2022 at 22:22, Raith_Raver said:

Murray will have the gloves off this week, a bit of kick arse and a tweak in personnel. We'll be ready.

Kicking the arse of our one centre back, who has played 15 games since 2019?

What tweaks is he going to make that see us beat Dundee?

Currently, I’m also in the @Ro Sham Bo camp this season in thinking we could be relegated.

Our summer recruitment has been very disappointing. It started off with the League 1 player of the year, which looks great, but letting all four of our centre backs leave and signing one to replace them, then hoping a midfielder and left back can do for the other replacements is the stuff of nightmares.

We are weaker up front than we were last season. On the plus side, we are sorted in midfield, or will be when all the crocks return.

If I’m being optimistic about this game, it’s early in the season and Dundee are maybe out of sorts. 

Edited by Scary Bear

36 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

We were unlucky not to score a few times yesterday, and nothing ran for us in the box. New players bedding in too. We've no reason to be scared of Dundee, and talking about "must wins" this early on is daft.

Just like the start of last season you have us down for relegation.

Ordinarily I'd agree, and I think there's a bit of over-reacting going on given that yesterday was one match, and three points, in a 36 match league season, however, Dundee have been slow starters every single season for years now which has left us having to fire-fight the rest of the way and claw ourselves up to where we really should be. We finished miles off the pace in the shortened season, further behind Hearts than we should have the year we won the playoffs, and as you'll no doubt recall only pinched 2nd by the skin of our teeth on the final day. We thought we had appointed a competent manager for a change, I still believe we have, so speaking for myself I was hoping we'd avoid our usual nonsense, hit the ground running, and be up in the title fight right from the get-go.

We can still do that with a win on Saturday, but if we were to lose then it's likely we'd be looking at a 6 point deficit already, and be straight back into our usual keech of being off the pace for most of the first half, playing catch-up, and ultimately under-achieving thanks to a poor start. It's not 'must win' for us either, but I think it is a hugely important 3 points for Dundee if we're not to be in danger of another "Groundhog Day" season.

Being born at Forth Park hospital in Kirkcaldy, I like Raith Rovers, and at the couple of times Dundee have come close to financial ruin, I looked into who else I would support, it was always going to be Rovers.

That being said, Dundee didn't go bust and as a Dundee fan I must keep up the facade of being an unlikeable c**t to all other diddy mobs.

Rovers are going to get pumped, we will be raging at the errors that cost us against a poor Patrick Thistle side, so we must make our intentions clear. Bend over cuntos.

40 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Any Raith fan fancy a good old fashioned dust up before/after the game please DM me!  Women and children can also apply.  

You'll get cut so bad when you heal you'll look like Jimmy Saville...

...Oh wait

48 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Any Raith fan fancy a good old fashioned dust up before/after the game please DM me!  Women and children can also apply.  

What about disabled people? Are you an equal opportunities thug?

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Being born at Forth Park hospital in Kirkcaldy, I like Raith Rovers, and at the couple of times Dundee have come close to financial ruin, I looked into who else I would support, it was always going to be Rovers.

That being said, Dundee didn't go bust and as a Dundee fan I must keep up the facade of being an unlikeable c**t to all other diddy mobs.

Rovers are going to get pumped, we will be raging at the errors that cost us against a poor Patrick Thistle side, so we must make our intentions clear. Bend over cuntos.

It's a brave, and rare, Dundonian who publicly admits to being a web-footed Fifer. 👍

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's a brave, and rare, Dundonian who publicly admits to being a web-footed Fifer. 👍

Although I would love to be classified as Dundonian, I have only lived in Dundee for 4 years (This month actually!). 5 years in St Andrews, 1 year in Tayport, 3 years in Oban, 22 years in Aberdeen, 3 years in Huntly, 2 years in Portsoy. So I have no idea what I am. Good swimmer though.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Although I would love to be classified as Dundonian, I have only lived in Dundee for 4 years (This month actually!). 5 years in St Andrews, 1 year in Tayport, 3 years in Oban, 22 years in Aberdeen, 3 years in Huntly, 2 years in Portsoy. So I have no idea what I am. Good swimmer though.

Are you in Witness Protection?