Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC - 6/8/2022

8 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'm more optimistic about this. I don't think Dundee are as strong as a lot of people think. It's odd reasoning that because they lost last week they're more likely to win tomorrow - I would have said they're more likely to win if they had beaten Thistle easily.

Not really it comes down to the nature of the defeats last week, Dundee lost but despite being down by 3 tried to overturn the score pulling it back to 3-2. I don’t think we looked like fighting back our 2-0 score line against the weaker Cove Rangers team. 

I'm more optimistic about this. I don't think Dundee are as strong as a lot of people think. It's odd reasoning that because they lost last week they're more likely to win tomorrow - I would have said they're more likely to win if they had beaten Thistle easily.

I also think RR are better than some of your fans believe.

Close one, wouldn’t be surprised if we lose again tbh.

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Not really it comes down to the nature of the defeats last week, Dundee lost but despite being down by 3 tried to overturn the score pulling it back to 3-2. I don’t think we looked like fighting back our 2-0 score line against the weaker Cove Rangers team. 

Yes, we didn't look like coming back when Cove's second went in, but I think we'll be better with players playing in their own positions. Moreover, reports suggest that depsite the two goals Dundee never looked like salvaging the game.
Whatever, it's all speculation and an intriguing game awaits.

PS We're at home, not Dens.

Edited by Raith_Raver

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Where can one watch this game, illegal or not? Maybe via a VPN?

You can go here and register but from there you'd have to pay the monthly subscription (no single match option) and use your VPN.

Or you could try the likes of hesgoal.com but Raith games on there are rare.

ETA I should have added that whilst on the RaithTV page you'd be registering for the International pass.

Edited by Beachbum

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

You can go here and register but from there you'd have to pay the monthly subscription (no single match option) and use your VPN.

Or you could try the likes of hesgoal.com but Raith games on there are rare.

Yeah, I thought this might be the case. 

I for one miss the PPV away games, always paid the money to clubs outside the OF. UEFA are c***s, I get the idea of not showing top league games because of contracts with TV companies etc, but for the likes of this and below, I don't see what harm it would do, in fact it would probably still benefit the home club.

Yes, we didn't look like coming back when Cove's second went in, but I think we'll be better with players playing in their own positions. Moreover, reports suggest that depsite the two goals Dundee never looked like salvaging the game.
Whatever, it's all speculation and an intriguing game awaits.
PS We're at home, not Dens.

I take it you weren’t at our game against PT?

They never looked like scoring 3 whilst we looked like we should have scored 5.

8 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Mon the dee.2068ced5fdd6949398439537a0386deb.jpg

Looks like a 4-4-2, maybe a 4-3-3? If Legzdins is fit enough to be on the bench I'd rather him starting tbh... Very much a team that if we win I'll be saying "brilliant Bowyer!", but if we don't...

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Looks like a 4-4-2, maybe a 4-3-3? If Legzdins is fit enough to be on the bench I'd rather him starting tbh... Very much a team that if we win I'll be saying "brilliant Bowyer!", but if we don't...

Given our quite likely back line is anchored by a CB (18 y-o) signed yesterday and another CB (23) from last week…plus a LB (19) signed last week…and Millen at RB as the senior player, the chances of brilliance shouldn’t be discounted. Plus the only cover is a underperforming LB and a 17 y-o CB. Of course, it could all go swimmingly.

After reflection…perhaps 3-3-2-2? Brown between the wingbacks and then Stanton and Ross??? Very puzzling.

Edit: Worse thought, 3-3-3-1, with Gullen alone (and impotent)?

Edited by TxRover