Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC - 6/8/2022

Overall I think we deserved the win but we didn’t half make hard work of it. 

We should have had the game buried but Mulligan should have passed to McGowan, then how Rudden missed the follow-up I’ll never know. 

Still far too nervy in defence for my liking as well. A couple of scares where Raith really should have capitalised.

Ref was shite. 

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

Overall I think we deserved the win but we didn’t half make hard work of it. 

We should have had the game buried but Mulligan should have passed to McGowan, then how Rudden missed the follow-up I’ll never know. 

Still far too nervy in defence for my liking as well. A couple of scares where Raith really should have capitalised.

Ref was shite. 

Yeah, still not convinced by French at the back.

17 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Both full backs are bombscares, Millen is slow and indecisive and Dick is just not at the races, physically and mentally at this level. 

I agree with your general sentiment, but probably not the term "bombscare". They're both absolutely run of the mill fullbacks for this level. Maybe slightly worse than that, but no more. The problem is that they're both like that. Solid enough defensively, but ponderous, tentative, risk-averse going forwards. They both have to think so hard about what they're doing once they cross the halfway line, there doesn't seem to be any natural attacking intent. It restricts us so much. Didn't really see much of Kieran Ngwenya today but I'd throw him in for Dick next week just to give us another dimension going forward. We're too easy to defend against as it is. 

40 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

If you can't score goals, you'll lose games even when you dominate them. Arguably the third time it's happened to us already this season. 

Wasn't at today's match but seen the Aberdeen and Cove games. If you're alluding to dominating either of those games your argument won't last very long because you never. Looked need and tidy with no cutting edge and susceptible at the back.

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, still not convinced by French at the back.

He did lose out a few times to Gullan on the high balls. Thought Sweeney was good next to him apart from being out muscled by Connell near the end a few times, gave away a free kick in a dangerous area. 

I imagine there is better to come from Dundee when Rudden beds in and they have a fit squad to pick from. Though number 17 had one of the worst dives I've seen in a while, would do well to cut that out of his game.

3 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

Number 7? He was easily best player for Raith when I seen them recently.

Probably Easton when he came on, he got away from a few challenges very easily but his end product wasn't up to much, in keeping with the rest of the side too. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

He did lose out a few times to Gullan on the high balls.

It's the second week in a row French has left his man wide open at the back, Patrick Thistle punished us for this and your guy was only inches off doing the same.

Lost it on the strength of our first half performance.

Sat far too deep and gave one of the poorest Dundee sides I've seen in 45 years of watching the Rovers far too much respect and far too much time and space.

Considerable improvement after the break, but we can't ignore the fact we're now four and a half games without a goal.

Both Millen and Dick get dizzy at the sight of the half way line so so negative .Thought both centre half’s were decent especially O riordan who deservedly got man of the match . Theres defo a good team there just need a big experience striker up top with presence 

9 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

Number 7? He was easily best player for Raith when I seen them recently.

7 was Aiden Connolly, wee short arse. But yes definitely one of our better players. Easton was 23 and came on at half time and imo changed the game for us. 

Gullan is no striker. You can bet that every time there's a ball across the box for a tap in he'll arrive late.

Dick, and now Millen are like rabbits in the headlights whenever they go forward, they've no intuition whatsover, play stops while they think about options.

Ross had a bad game.

Still, O'Riordan inspires confidence. Nolan not bad but caught out a couple of times.

6 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Lost it on the strength of our first half performance.

Sat far too deep and gave one of the poorest Dundee sides I've seen in 45 years of watching the Rovers far too much respect and far too much time and space.

Considerable improvement after the break, but we can't ignore the fact we're now four and a half games without a goal.

^