5 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
11 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Just stick Quitongo on Millen and there is your 3 points. Simples.

anything inside the box you’ll be fine quitongo doesn’t how to score inside the box and no one else knows how to score 

3 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Cant say I’ve really been following their progress but don’t imagine Morton being much of a different proposition from last year.

All due respect n’ that but we need to be focusing on what WE do and imposing ourselves on our opponents far more than we did on Saturday, 1st half especially.

If no new faces arrive beforehand, I would like to see something along the likes of…

MacDonald

Millen                O’Riordan           Nolan           Dick/Ngwenya

Stanton               Brown

Connolly                                                               Ross

Easton

Gullan

Move Stanton up…he’s useless as a DM. If you insist on Gullen, 4-1-4-1…I’d prefer Connoll up top.

12 hours ago, Michael W said:

Is it too early to say a game is a must win? Because this certainty feels like one. 

Just score some bloody goals FFS. 

Nope - That game against Cove on Saturday felt like it was a must win for us, only the 2nd game of the season too FFS!

Our 11 picks itself, the only change I can possibly see happening would be King coming in for Lyon but that wouldn't really change the way we will be set up, it'll be another game where we will be hard to break down and hopefully grind out some sort of result, basically another honking 90mins of fitba. If we can secure a proper striker for Sat that could be a game changer for us, cant see it tho. 

Good time to play Raith you'd think, would still take a draw.

Edited by M0rtonfc

We’ll go up there looking to keep it tight, take the draw, or pinch it 1-0 or 2-1.

Usually I’d be thinking Starks is exactly the kind of place where the wheels come off, but Raith do look vulnerable, particularly at the back. Shame we’re not in a position to go for them.

Agree with what’s been said about Kabia; looks like a player who assumes he’ll be starting every week and needs a kick up the arse already. Imrie should deliver that on Saturday by benching him for one of the boys.

16 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

We’ll go up there looking to keep it tight, take the draw, or pinch it 1-0 or 2-1.

Usually I’d be thinking Starks is exactly the kind of place where the wheels come off, but Raith do look vulnerable, particularly at the back. Shame we’re not in a position to go for them.

Agree with what’s been said about Kabia; looks like a player who assumes he’ll be starting every week and needs a kick up the arse already. Imrie should deliver that on Saturday by benching him for one of the boys.

Would like to see Garrity come in for Jaze might give him the kick up the arse he needs to being benched 

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Would like to see Garrity come in for Jaze might give him the kick up the arse he needs to being benched 

I would also like to see this, Kabia has been utterly useless.

We are an injury to Quitongo away from being absolutely honking up top, words I never thought I would say this season.

14 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

I would also like to see this, Kabia has been utterly useless.

We are an injury to Quitongo away from being absolutely honking up top, words I never thought I would say this season.

If the fans can see that as an issue surely dougie can see it and gets someone in this week if funds are allowing that & like you said an injury to quitongo where goosed up top

8 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we go with one up, it's worth giving Connell a go there. I am not at all convinced he's up to much based on what we've seen so far but we know that Gullan can't play that role so we might as well find out if Connell is any better. 

Exactly, none of our forward options is a larger, hold it up type. Pops was the last we had that was capable of filling that role in any reasonable manner. Ideally we’d have someone of that sort up top for the wingers to slash in and nick a pass from or to pull the defence out of shape. Even then, one up top really calls for skills very seldom seen at this level, so we should likely be playing two up top. Using Easton as the effectively second forward isn’t the best role for him either, he seems suited to the number 10 role rather than a false nine.

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I’ve been to a good number of Raith v Morton games, all tight games but I don’t remember winning any at Starks. Maybe we’ll continue with drawing away and winning at home!

You beat us at Starks about 4 months ago.

Strange one this.  Saturday was probably a better performance than most of us feared, but my overriding thought is that I have no idea where a goal comes from.  I said to my dad at half time we needed a wee break, such as a mistake from the keeper.  Got exactly that, and still nowhere near scoring.

Fact remains its 3 league wins in 22 (none at home in 2022), and none of the players who scored to secure those 3 win are still here.

Feels like a must win to be honest, but its hard to have any real confidence of that without a genuine centre forward arriving this week - and imagine every lower league club is looking for that.