Greenock Morten vs Dundee FC - 20/08/2022

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Feels like it's just a matter of time before Morton get their goal. We can't string two passes together. Just punting it out the park.

He needs to change it.

Slowly creeping into it with that last wee passage of play. I'd bring Robinson on.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Slowly creeping into it with that last wee passage of play. I'd bring Robinson on.

Straight swap for Rudden or take off a midfielder?

I'd be going two up top.

Wow that was horrendous to watch. Fair play to Morton, they play to their strengths and it’s hard to play against. But it’s absolutely mind numbing to watch. Couldn’t watch that every week.

Scraped a point despite being very poor. On to the next one!

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah I don't think either team deserved to win that horror show. 

The first half was a good and open game, but the second certainly fizzled out. Draw was the correct result.

Very happy with Crawford adding energy to our midfield; Kabia is a useless sand-dancer and needs to be punted to the bench though. Put King further up the left hand side at Inverness next week - he did well in a tough job today considering his age. 

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah I don't think either team deserved to win that horror show. 

It was probably more frustrating from your view. I thought Morton worked hard, defensively sound enough and Quitongo gave Dundee a hard time but just no quality to put the ball away. 

I'm very impressed with Alex King at left back. Still only 17. There's a fantastic player developing for us.  

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

It was probably more frustrating from your view. I thought Morton worked hard, defensively sound enough and Quitongo gave Dundee a hard time but just no quality to put the ball away. 

I'm very impressed with Alex King at left back. Still only 17. There's a fantastic player developing for us.  

Yeah I thought you lot defended very well, but resulted in long punts up the park, however picked up the 2nd ball after the return. Really poor performance from us.

19 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Fair play to Morton, they play to their strengths and it’s hard to play against. But it’s absolutely mind numbing to watch. Couldn’t watch that every week.

Is this nonsense just going to get rolled out every week because we used one long throw-in quite effectively? 

As for Dundee, while the squad clearly has some quality players, it's hard to see what the strengths of the team are yet. Early days of course but it's hard to work out what the game plan is supposed to be with you: what a 'Dundee goal' should typically look like. 

Ours involves Quitongo and (sadly useless) Kabia getting in behind the backline. Quitongo caused all sorts of problems today but we need better quality to actually put the ball into the net. If we still had Reilly instead of Muirhead then I think we win that game.

Edited by vikingTON

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah I thought you lot defended very well, but resulted in long punts up the park, however picked up the 2nd ball after the return. Really poor performance from us.

Our centre backs are a pair of absolute point and heidthebaws that's all we'll get from them.

Mcmullan will give far more experienced fullbacks a much harder time than he gave King today.  17 years old and already played left back, left wing and central midfield for us off the top of my head.  Boy has a real future of he keeps at it.