πŸ”΄πŸ€πŸŸ‘ Patrick Thistle v The Thistle πŸ”΄ ⚫

3 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

He is a cracking prospect but whether he will get chances at Ibrox is open to question!

We're shite at that.Β  But having watched him playing for our B Team and then last night he has stepped up a lot and added an edge of physicality to his game.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

We're shite at that.Β  But having watched him playing for our B Team and then last night he has stepped up a lot and added an edge of physicality to his game.

Physical, skilful and he has an engine. As long as he keeps his mind on football he will go far but I doubt whether he will get the chances at Ibrox!

11 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Physical, skilful and he has an engine. As long as he keeps his mind on football he will go far but I doubt whether he will get the chances at Ibrox!

I just posted to express how I enjoyed watching him-Β  and the Glesga Thistle - last night.Β  No need for the rest.

22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I just posted to express how I enjoyed watching him-Β  and the Glesga Thistle - last night.Β  No need for the rest.

This invokes involuntary torsional convulsions.

Β 

Β 

On 20/08/2022 at 14:29, RiG said:

Not even a contest last night. Partick Thistle slapped us silly and probably should have scored more TBH. It felt like at times they were playing within themselves and they could have gone up several more gears but they seemed content to get the cigars out after three and who can blame them. Milne and Tiffoney toyed with us all game down the left hand side. Delaney struggled against the "industrial" Graham and the problems Hyde had are well documented. Far too many players for us not turning up and whilst we had some nice passages of passing play too often we tried to dink the ball in behind the Thistle full backs to little effect.

Samuels on the right and Mackay on the left were pretty ineffective whilst Doran and MacGregor struggled to offer to much through the middle when we tried to attack. Mckay worked had but not much came off for him. Our subs were pretty ineffective as well. Leaves Dodds with a lot to think about going forward. The strength and depth to the squad isn't there based on last night and we certainly won't be challenging for the title or even the higher play off spots on that evidence.Β 

Partick Thistle fans on the other hand should be feeling pretty confident about what they can end up achieving this season irrespective of the off the pitch baggage. They look very strong indeed and if their defence isn't up to much they can outscore most teams in the league.

Appreciate your positive comments about The Jags. It was an excellent performance from our perspective.

However we must also recognise that we could only manage a home draw with Hamilton and a loss to Queens Park. So we really need to achieve a higher level of consistency if we are to challenge for the title/play-off position

IMO we need to get the defence back to playing at last season's level. But in fairness we have a relatively new back four with two new full backs plus Holt moving to centre from full back. We also have Brownlie returning from a serious injury and Muirhead out for at least 6 weeks (so I am told).

I am sure given time we will get the defence sorted. A start could be made now by reinstating Snedden in goal.

As far as ICT are concerned I was expecting a much harder game given the recent play-off results. I especially expected more from Samuels but he was fully occupied trying to help out your full back deal with Tiffoney. When he did get forward he found Milne too much for him. I am not too familiar with ICT players but you seem to have lost a lot of directness and goal threat from midfield.

Best of luck for rest of seasonΒ  except when you play The Jags@